No announcement yet.

New TS3650-It's a fun one!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx for the detailed response. I found the $100 rebate form on the hd website and have decided to give the rigid a try. With $100 rebate its hard to beat.
    Barrell

Comment

Rev Ed - I was under the impression that the Osborne clone miter for the DeWalt was not the stock miter that came with the basic machine, but I'm not certain.

Comment

hi barrel

I've had the dewalt contractor saw for about 2 yrs now,and I'm never going to need another big saw. It is fantastic. I have not been able to use the Ridgid 3650 but from the setups in the store i can't see it being any better to serve my needs.

now to defend ridgid- I stopped in my local Dewalt repair center and chatted with the manager. I asked him if Ridgid had penetrated their market. He said when they first came out dewalt was worried. But when they found out they were made by "RYOBI" they knew that it was low end stuff.

I asked if he was sure that it was made by ryobi and he said yes.

I told him I believe it is mfg. by TTI industries who also makes ryobi.He said whats the difference?Well isn't that like Black and Decker making Dewalt? He got a little miffed that I would compare the two, but he got my point.

I believe we should give Ridgid a chance, because i have a great deal of confidence in the products they are introducing.

Make your choice betwee the two and you won't be sorry no matter which way you go

good luck

Happy woodworking guys

Comment

Originally posted by Knot Me:
          Rev Ed - I was under the impression that the Osborne clone miter for the DeWalt was not the stock miter that came with the basic machine, but I'm not certain.
          I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The Osborne clone miter gauge comes with the sliding table upgrade. I figure the osborne is worth about $150 so if you substract that out of the cost of the sliding table, the sliding table becomes a real bargain.
          Rev Ed

Comment

When you say "New TS-3650" do you mean a new/improved TS-3650, or new to you?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Golfmore:
            I took my BT3100 back and got a TS3650, and the HD guy gave me another $100 off. I do like it. There was a sale at Rocklers and I bought 2 Beismeyer (spelling) Delta extentions. One of them made an perfect router table for the saw. Don't know how to submit pics, but it worked perfect. Was even the correct (27 X 24) size. And now I have enought space again in my garage. Thanks to all for all the help. I'll be back asking more Q's in the future, I'm sure.

Comment

Both... New saw, new for me.

Comment

is there a possible fix to get my brand new 3650
                to rip a 2x4 in one pass ????
                10.5 blade ???
                trunion modifacation???
                very disapointed

Comment

Originally posted by don hartwick:
                  is there a possible fix to get my brand new 3650
                  to rip a 2x4 in one pass ????
                  10.5 blade ???
                  trunion modifacation???
                  very disapointed
                  I wouldn't recommend you put a larger blade on your 3650. On the positive side, it's a great excuse to go out and buy a 14" band saw.
                  I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

well i already own a 14,inch as well as a 21 rockwell band saw
                    so the real deal is that after 1.5 hrs labor and a little blueing,some masking tape to show the blueing and a burr bit in a die grinder as well!!! as a will theres a way
                    my 3 day new out of the box, RIDGID 10 INCH TS 3650 NOW CUTS 3-9\16 DEEP ITS AN EASY FIX and thats with a 10 inch blade........
                    ridgid should of caught this at the mould stage because of the simplicity of the fix it should be looked into by r&d as well as q.c. tightin up boys you could be touting the only 10 saw that will rip a 2x4 out of the box!!!! mine does ...
                    A 10 inch UNISAW cant even do that!!!!

Comment

Hi Don
                      I would be interested to find out exactly how you made your mod on your saw to cut a 2x4 in one cut. I ocasionally rip one down and also have to do it in two cuts.

Thanks, Jason

Comment

Golfmore,

What led you to swap the BT3100 for the Ridgid?

I hope to be choosing between one of those two in the not-to-distant future, although it may be awhile before I can convince LOML I need anymore tools. In the past 10 days I have just hit too many bargains:

Ridgid JP0610 (Grey NIB for $225)
                        Makita RF1101 Router Kit (Lowes closing out for $132) Bought 1 plus the store demo for $75
                        Makita LS1221 12"CMS, also a Lowes closeout for $209.

DeWalt DW052 Impact driver, another Lowes closeout, paid $50 the demo unit. How'd I ever live without one of these? It absolutely rocks! My drills are semi-retired now.

Ridgid/Ryobi: Did you read that about the impact driver? Hint, hint.

Comment

I don,t know about Golfmore..but i burned up two sets of thier $40.00 dollar rubberband belts in two weeks...you really should try to put a set of those on and you would take the saw back also,not an easy job..the ts3650 is twice the saw the bt3100 is...only complant I have is you cannot buy the bells and whistles that you can for the bt3100...but after all you can saw....Tom

Comment

WELL FIRST UNPLUG THE MACHINE REMOVE THE BELT, THE BLADE AND THE INTERNAL GUARD THIS WILL ALOWE YOU THE NEEDED SPACE TO GET BOTH HANDS INSIDE........... THE THREE MAIN INTERFERANCE POINTS ARE THE ELEVATION STOP IN THE ARBOR DONT RELIEF THE STUB ........JUST THE ARBOR AND NO MORE THAN YOU NEED AS IT GETS THIN AND YOU DONT WANT TO WEAKEN THIS AREA ALSO THE RELIEF AREA THAT IS CAST IN THE MAIN TABLE JUST ABOVE THE ARBOR PULLEY AND THIRD THE THE WEB THAT CASES THE LEFT SIDE MITER SLOT .... THE OUTSIDE OF THE ARBOR PULLEY HITS THE WEB BEFORE THE VEE GROOVE SECTION SO I KEPT RELIEVING THE AREA UNTIL IT WOULD HIT SOME WHERE
                            ELSE ITS A LITTLE THIN IN THE RELIEF AREA ABOVE THE PULLEY SO A EXTRA SET OF EYES TO SEE IF THE TOP STARTS TO DISCOLOR ...[MEANING STOP ITS GETTING THIN } IS A VERY GOOD IDEA IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ........ I PROUABLY HAD THE ARBOR ASSEMBLY IN AND OUT 20-25 TIMES IUSED A BURR BIT IN MY DIE GRINDER OR YOU CAN USE A 4INCH ANGLE GRINDER WITH A 1\8 -3\16 PLEASE DONT FORGET THE SAFETY GOGGLES !! THICK CARBORUNDEM BLADE.........I DID THE MOD WITH THE SAW UPRIGHT SO I COULD LAY A 2X4 ON EDGE NEXT TO THE BLADE I SLIPPED ON THE ARBOR FOR ACCURACY SO .....MASKING TAPE AND BLUEING IS ALL I USED TO FIND THE INTERFERANCE POINTS MASKING TAPE ON ONE BLUEING ON THE OTHER YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE THE ELEVATION LEAD SCREWE TO TAKE OUT THE ARBOR ........JUST REMOVE THE C-CLIP AND SHIM WASHER AND IT WILL SLIP RIGHT OFF THE PIVOT SHAFT AS LONG AS YOU LOWER IT A COUPLE OF TURNS I ACTUALLY WORKED ON MINE SOME MORE TODAY AND SQUEZZED ANOTHER 1\16 SO NOW I HAVE A FULL 3 5\8 OH BTW THE FENCE LINES UP REAL NICE IF YOU CAN ACCESS TWO MAG BASE INDICATORS IVE GOT MINE CUTTING A 3 FOOT 2X4 AND WITH A DIGITAL CALIPER ITS OUT .002 END TO END SO TAKE YOUR TIME AND THIS SAW IS WELL WORT THE MONEY EVEN WITHOUT THE MOD...GREAT REPEATABILITY THANKS FOR ASKIN
                            LET ME KNOW IF YOU GOT ANY GREY AREAS....???

Comment

I was tired of doing the alignment over and over again. And... when I took it back (with the receipt) they gave me all my $$ back, dropped the price of the Ridged by $100, and gave me another $100 certificate. Where did I go wrong here?

Comment

I have a Bt3000 on a work-n-haul stand as a portable and a ts3650. The BT3000 will cut thru 4" (3 1/2") lumber as is. I have a BS1400 with a riser block and use that for resawing but on site, I can rip a 4x with the bt3000. No other 10" saw can do that, stock that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X