No announcement yet.

TS 3612

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look at the TS3612 pictuer(sp). It has the TS2424 cast web wings on both sides. The left side is partly supported by the fence rail. Would it make sence to fully support the left side wing compley?
    Andy B.

Comment

The wings don't need any support from the fence rails. Depending on the rails, possibly the other way 'round, the wing supports the rail.

By any chance, do you have an answer to "why use the fence on left", or are you a write-only forum poster?

Dave

Comment

beacuse I feel like it!
        Andy B.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie:
          Does the TS 3612 have wider rails than the 2424? In the picture it looks like it has 36" to the right of the blade...or were the existing rails just shifted?
          The rails are approximately the same length as the 2424 rails, just shifted to the right. The front rail has been beefed up and the head of the fence has been widened. Also the guides on the fence (the two plastic pieces that ride on the rail) have been modified to help improve fence alignment.

When designing this saw we decided more people would benefit from the 36" rip capacity on the right than having 24" on both sides.

Jake

Comment

Jake when will these units be hitting the stores?
            Can you tell me since I waited so long would I be better off waiting for the 3612 or just go with a 2424?
            Does the included options with the 2424 make it wise to buy it rather than the 3612?
            Rev Ed

Comment

Wow!
              My questions seem to stop a discussion in it's tracks .

I just wanted to know from Jake when we might be seeing the 3612. And if he would go over all the changes detailing whether they are significant or not.

I thought I would be buying a saw before this, but once I pretty much settled on Ridgid the attitude of Home Depot employees, which more or less said something was changing, and the news of the 3612 has put me in wait mode.

By the way my son-in-law who I have dragged into my great saw hunt has declared the Ridgid the best buy for me. He earns a living working with wood (building houses) and has a fully equipped shop (All Delta equipment [img]tongue.gif[/img] of course)
              Rev Ed

Comment

RevEd,
                Your question was: (I just wanted to know from Jake when we might be seeing the 3612. And if he would go over all the changes detailing whether they are significant or not.)

Answer by Jake: (The TS3612 has a new fence system with a new micro-adjust and improved alignment. Other changes include an improved trunnion micro-adjust and improve bevel stops.)

As far as the changes Ridgid has made, I think they are great but not a show stopper between buying the TS2424 compared to the TS1236... Once again the fence on the TS2424 can be adjusted to the right and is then a 1236... Any improvements made to the TS2424 should be good but I think the thing you will notice is that your cuts and projects will show no noticeable difference from one saw to the next... I can't touch when they will be out, but if you are in need of a saw now I wouldn't hesitate on the TS2424... If the 1236 were sitting side by side to the 2424 it would be a different story... I guess the choice is yours based on how long you can hold out… It will be very punishing waiting a long time thou… Sounds like sawdust is in your blood…

Regards,

Big Johnson
                Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Ed,

Sorry about not getting back to you, I guess I must have missed this thread.

Anyway the three major changes on the TS3612 are

1. The fence (as outlined above).
                  2. Improved trunnion micro-adjust. The set screws have been done away in favor of a lever on an eccentric, which forces the rear trunnion left and right.
                  3. The side of the housing has been beefed up to improve the feel of the bevel stops.

As far as whether you should wait, I really can't answer that for you. The accessories that are included with the TS2424 will not be included in the TS3612.

Jake

Comment

Jake
                    Any idea when we might be seeing these show up in the stores?
                    Thanks you have been a great help!!!!!
                    Rev Ed

Comment

I'd imagine you'll start seeing these in July.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                      X