Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2d2

Good day

I call it R2D2 because it reminds me the one from "Star War"

I have a home vac that I'm using as a shop vac. The problem is that first, it's getting full very quickly and second, the original build-in filters are clogging very quickly.

I would like to share with you the modifications that I made to overcome those problems.

Regards
    niki

Re: R2d2

does the vacuum motor have its own filter and do you leave it in place while operating the vacuum? looks like you could stick a shop vac motor on a large drum, fit a hose inlet to the drum, place the shop vac motor on top with the landscape fabric keeping the motor clean and away you go.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Hi FINER9998

The Motor/impeller has it's own filter as you can see it on the first picture...the right hand filter is installed on the motor.

From checking the "motor filter" a few times, it seems that no dust is reaching this filter (all the dust is stopped by the "pre-filter" and the big integral filter) so I removed it to get even better airflow.

I did not want to build new vac (I also don't have the ability), I just wanted to modify the existing one for better performance.

Regards
      niki

Comment

Niki,

Dovy Denje! That's excellent! I love "Modifying" things around the shop. It doesn't always work but it sure is fun!

Good job,

Comment

Niki,
          I’m amazed as usual.
          Jim
          Jim

Comment

Thank you so much

It all started in Japan, some 13 years ago. I started woodworking in one room of a flat (mansion) at the 5th floor and I could not have the "luxury" of making too much dust so, I used home vac for the table saw and the rest of the electric hand tools.

But the bag got full very quick and the idea of a "separator" started to "cook" in my head...

Well, it took me only 8 years to get the idea that you see on both vacs...and now that I have the "Hammer", I don't have to open the bucket till it's full (the "Hammer" is also the "full bucket indicator")

Regards
            niki

Comment

Working...
            X