Shutters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutters

Anyone ever build thier own shutters? Pics or plans? I've got 4 new windows in the back of my house I installed and not very impressed with the store versions...plus...I get to use tools if I build them myself!

Thanks in advance!
    -Hef

Re: Shutters

Norm built plantation shutters on one of the recent episodes. The link to the DVD and measured drawing is: http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0602

I have purchased his measured drawings before and found that there is usually something that he explains better on the show. The secret for these shutters seems to be that you start with building lots of jigs to shape the pieces then hold them in place while you get your staple gun to connect the control bar to the individual louvers. Once you have built the jigs, you could have plantation shutters for the entire neighborhood. Good luck.
    Thom

Comment

Norn didn't mention the cost of the molding head cutters he had specially made let alone the cost of the machine. Lot's of jigs is right. But then again jig making is a fun part of the projects. (IMHO) Hef, when you get this project going post some pics of your progress.
      Jim
      Jim

Comment

Whoa. I was lost on the 3rd jig. Jeeeeeez!

I am looking to build outdoor shutters (fixed) so hopefully I can simplify the process down to 759 jigs!

Thanks for posting that up. I need a drink.

Comment

Working...
        X