X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dust collection again

hey guys which do you believe is the better unit?

http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/index....OD&ProdID=7684

http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/index....OD&ProdID=9420
    §m€llŸ™

Re: dust collection again

Go for the Delta 50-760 it is the same price and it is not a cheap imitation like that Samona.

That Samona has a cloth bag meaning it filter only to 5 microns. This Delta is filtering particules as small as 1 micron. The bag is not cloth but felt-like material. This is the best material you can get.

It takes 100Volts and 220volts. Not so noisy (you can talk ober it without yelling). It is the mostly recommended for DIY woodworkers.

I have it for 2 years and do not regret it AT ALL.

Comment

New woodworker have a review on the Delta 50-760 dust collector
      http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/d50-760rvu.html
      You will be hapy you read it.

Comment

I also found this

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...&NTITEM=CT095N
        §m€llŸ™

Comment

BusyBee tools are chinese. This model is 2HP and develop 1280 CFM and is wirable only to 220V. This mean you will have to run a new 220V breaker and wire to your shop-garage. The wheel are small, the fram is flimsy

The 50-760 Detla is wirable 110V on 20 amps circuit or 220V. It is also 1280 cfm.
          The frame is study and the wheel are large. The Dalta is mountable with air intak on top or under. It is abailable in your area while the Busybee tools you have to pay a lot of shipping because these are heavy (shipped from Ottawa Canada).

For waranty repair, local vendor can fix the Delta, while for the Busybee tools, you have to ship it back.

In short you are not saving with the busybee tools and you have a second grade tool fom China. the call is yours.

Comment

I've owned a Delta dust collector for quite a while and agree it's the brand to purchase.

The 1 mil bag works great along with the very low noise factor. I suggest you also consider buying a 2 1/2" adaptor to use your 'shop-vac' tools, as running the dust collector for vac duties sure beats listening to a roaring conventional shop vacuum.

---Mike
            Last edited by Nature_Photog; 04-06-2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

ok convinved bought and paid for now just have to wait till it arrives
              §m€llŸ™

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post
                I've owned a Delta dust collector for quite a while and agree it's the brand to purchase.

The 1 mil bag works great along with the very low noise factor. I suggest you also consider buying a 2 1/4" adaptor to use your 'shop-vac' tools, as running the dust collector for vac duties sure beats listening to a roaring conventional shop vacuum.

---Mike
                What sort of maintenance is there to the upper bag? I assume the dust sticks to the side while it's running? When you turn it off, does all that dust just fall into the lower bag? Do they (upper bags) need to be cleaned/replaced very often?

Thanks,
                --Gordy

Comment

You don't have to maintain the upper bag.
                  Actually, as the dust will cake on the innerwall of the bag and this will help filtering the small particules.

This Delta model has over-sized filtering bag, meaning more sq inches of filtration.

Dust fall in the bottom bag right after being carried by the propeller.
                  You don't have to wory of anything exept to empty or change the bag form time to time. Be shure you wear a dust mask when changing bag.

Also, the Delta does not loose its power even when almost full.

Comment

I've noticed the upper bag needs washing periodically....maybe once-a-year depending on amount of use.

One notices the suction going away slowly when the bag begins to get 'plugged'.

Just toss in the clothes washer and it comes out nearly dry after the spin cycle.

---Mike

Comment

I bought the delta ......

Delta - Industrial 1.5 HP single stage Dust Collector

Part#: 50-760, now can I hook up my ridgid ts and the ridgid 6" jointer to the same 4" line, or should I swap between machines when using one or the other .
                      I also see in the picture that there is a dual 4 " inlet, could I hook up a line so to do vacuuming the floor in the shop... reducing to lets say a 2 " line? or change that to a single inlet?
                      §m€llŸ™

Comment

Originally posted by smelly View Post
                        I bought the delta ......

Delta - Industrial 1.5 HP single stage Dust Collector Part#: 50-760, now can I hook up my ridgid ts and the ridgid 6" jointer to the same 4" line, or should I swap between machines when using one or the other . I also see in the picture that there is a dual 4 " inlet, could I hook up a line so to do vacuuming the floor in the shop... reducing to lets say a 2 " line? or change that to a single inlet?
                        Just put gates on the machines so that you can shut off flow from one unit and draw entirely from the other. It gives maximum pickup at the one machine that's in use.

Originally posted by ga80486 View Post
                        What sort of maintenance is there to the upper bag? I assume the dust sticks to the side while it's running? When you turn it off, does all that dust just fall into the lower bag? Do they (upper bags) need to be cleaned/replaced very often?
                        Thanks,
                        --Gordy
                        While the unit is powering down and the upper bag is still inflated I will use my hands to slap the bag gently all the way around in order to reduce the cake layer. It does seem to restore a bit of flow. As far as replacing, you shouldn't need to unless it gets torn but why should it? As Mike said, you can machine wash it too although I haven't in the past three years. Then again, I'm a light user.
                        Later,
                        Chiz

Comment

Good choice smelly.
                          Now you should get the book titled: Controling dust in the workshop from Rick Peters.
                          ISBN 0-8069-3689-4

It will tell you how to design your installation, whay types of pipes and types of hoses to use, multi-port gates station, how to build a dust/debrit separator, many jigs and many ports to attach to defferent machines.
                          And more. Many images and very detailed plans.

at amazon.com 20.99$ Rated 5 star on 5.
                          http://www.amazon.com/Controlling-Du...718223&sr=11-1

Also, Langevin Forest on Pie-IX in Montreal carry it.
                          Get it while you can because I think this is out of print as it is selling 70$ used on amazon.ca.

Comment

Working...
                          X