New jointer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New jointer

After replacing the motor on my old Rockwell jointer for about the umpteenth time (of course, the motor rotation was reversed on all the replacement motors, so I had to weld up brackets to mount them), I decided to look around for a replacement. I looked at Jet(pretty color, nice stand, free blade sets, nice workmanship), Delta (odd adjusters, proven reliability, heavy), Powermatic (yucky color, but solid performance and reputation) and Ridgid (couldn't do much more than fondle it at the "big orange box" -they wouldn't let me turn it on). After a couple of weeks of contemplation, brought the Ridgid jointer home last weekend (had to go to 5 different "boxes" to get one in the original shipping container - won't buy a floor model again - HD is going to what they call, I think, neighborhood stores - not every store will stock each available tool).
    Assembly was easy. All the parts and fasteners were identified (not like my Grizzly machines). Anyway, what an upgrade. Man can that machine make sawdust. Squared up some really warped oak from the scrap bin. Plenty of power on 220 volts. Nice fit and finish. Adjustments engineered well.
    It may be because the old jointer was such a PITA, but I'm really pleased with this machine. It's my second Ridgid tool. I've also got the TS2424. It's also accomplished anything I've asked of it. Now I'm thinking about the thickness planer. Maybe for Father's Day????
    It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

TP1300 ROCKS!
    Every project I start is a gamble.

Comment

Working...
    X