My experience with RIDGID Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with RIDGID Service

Recently I adjusted my TS3650 and gave abit too much persuasion when aligning the cradle (this is the cast iron part that is fixed on the back and front trunions). Basically, when you align the blade, you are in fact aligning the cradle. The cradle, I moved it with a pry bar.

Th e effect of this is that the cradle was chiseling into the rear trunion. The aluminium from the cradle culed like when digging inot wood with a chisel. Then it was impossible to tilt the blade.

I brought my saw to the service center on Tuesday March 4 and by Friday march 7, I was cutting with my saw again. It was evident that the culprit was...Me!
    Still, it cost me a sweet 0$

Re: My experience with RIDGID Service

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
    Recently I adjusted my TS3650 and gave abit too much persuasion when aligning the cradle (this is the cast iron part that is fixed on the back and front trunions). Basically, when you align the blade, you are in fact aligning the cradle. The cradle, I moved it with a pry bar.

Th e effect of this is that the cradle was chiseling into the rear trunion. The aluminium from the cradle culed like when digging inot wood with a chisel. Then it was impossible to tilt the blade.

I brought my saw to the service center on Tuesday March 4 and by Friday march 7, I was cutting with my saw again. It was evident that the culprit was...Me!
    Still, it cost me a sweet 0$
    Its a relief to hear this - I pretty much did the exact same thing. I acutally took the saw back for a new one as it was within the 90 days.

Comment

Working...
    X