X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price increases...

I'm hearing grumblings about price increases on the JP-0610 from $349 to $399, and the TS3650 from $569 to $599. Has anyone read about this or seen the increased prices?

I haven't checked the prices on Ridgid tools lately so I can't really say either way if the have or haven't had an increase. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they have had a recent increase. The rising costs of raw materials have forced many manufacturers to raise prices in the last 6-8 months.

IIRC, awhile back Home Depot actually lowered prices on some Ridgid tools. Maybe they are just adjusting the prices back up to where they used to be.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That would set them back to the prices that their predecessors were 2 to 3 years ago. I wouldn’t doubt it due to the rapidly rising energy and material costs.

Woodslayer

Comment

Knot me,
        I was in my local Home Depot a couple of days ago, and the TS3650 was selling for $599. The JP-0610 was still $349, however.

Comment

It is my understanding that the dollar has fallen by some 12-1/2% against the yen in the last few months. (That is what I read on another board anyway, but I haven't really checked that out.) Also, you may recall the News reported last week that Korea and other asian banks were taking a second look at the US dollar and the financial debt this country is in. Right now much of our economy, the war, and trade debt is killing foreign confidence and investments in the US dollar.

So, all those tax cuts, the Iraq war, and out sourced jobs to China, India, and elsewhere do eventually come back to haunt us. I'm sure the next few months will see significant price increases in all foriegn made products, even the ones with good old U.S. brand names like Ridgid. (The Ridgid bandsaw, by the way, just jumped to $400 at my local HD.)

The flip side, is that it is now much cheaper for foreign investment in the U.S. so we can expect to host more international visitors and investors in our products and companies. But that may mean that commodities like lumber, wheat, beef, etc. will be sold overseas first, because it will be more profitable for our domestic businesses to export rather than sell to us poor domestics. Remember in the late 60's thru mid-70's we had terrific inflation, Japanese companies were buying up cattle ranches, forests, and even NYC properties. The results were lumber shortages, inflated beef prices and bread jumped from $0.34 to about $0.70 in a little over a year, thanks to that big Russian wheat deal. In Moscow you could get a loaf of bread (made with US wheat) for about a nickel.

It all balances out in the end, I read that while the Chinese economy is booming, it is also riding an inflated "bubble" of over investment. So what goes around, comes around.

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X