X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 stock blade

Just bought a TS3650 last weekend and got it assembled. Now it's time to put a decent blade on it. Is the stock blade that comes with the TS3650 a full kerf or thin kerf? Will the stock splitter work with either type of blade? Thanks.

Re: TS3650 stock blade

I usually run a Freud LU84R011 full kerf combination blade on my saw. The stock splitter on my saw measures 0.078" so yes, both a thin or full kerf blade can be used.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hey, hope you got the saw on sale ($467.99)… Anyway, the blade that is on it is a thin kerf blade, and you need to change that as soon as possible. I use the ridge carbide TS2000 and love it (www.ridgecarbidetool.com) . You can also do well with a Forrest Woodworker II. When it comes to full vs thin kerf, think it’s all about preference. I’ve used both, but like the full better.

And yes, the stock splitter will work with both.

Good luck with saw, and happy saw dust making.

Comment

I usually run a full kerf 50 tooth Freud combination blade with little or on problem but recently bought a freud fusion 10 inch 40 tooth combination blade which is ten times the blade the forrest is

Comment

Originally posted by jparson1 View Post
          I usually run a full kerf 50 tooth Freud combination blade with little or on problem but recently bought a freud fusion 10 inch 40 tooth combination blade which is ten times the blade the forrest is

I heard the Fusion can only be sharpened by Freud, is that true?

Comment

You can run either kerf. The stock blade is a TK, and a TK will put less strain on the motor and will have an easier time in thick wood. Some TK's are more prone to flexing but if you stick with a premium blade that shouldn't be a concern on a well tuned saw.

Any from Forrest, Ridge Carbide, or Infinity will be top shelf. Freud's Premier and Industrial lines are excellent. Tenryu, CMT, and Amana are excellent also.

A good 40T or 50T general purpose blade like the Forrest WWII, Ridge Carbide TS2000, Infinity Super General, Infinity Combomax, Freud Fusion, or Tenryu Gold Medal will do a really nice job for most tasks. The WWII, TS2000, and Combomax are available in both full and thin kerf. The Super General and Fusion are only available in full kerf, and the Gold Medal is in between at 0.111". The Forrest and Ridge Carbide are American made. The Forrest WWII 30T happens to be on sale at Amazon for ~ $62 shipped....it's difficult to tell the cuts apart from the WWII 40T and rips a whole lot more aggressively in thick stock...awesome all around blade, and is especially good in hardwoods.

You may prefer to use task specific blades as opposed a general purpose type....they'll give you slightly better performance for their given tasks, but offer less versatiltiy so you'll need to swap blades out more often. A 24T ripper for thick materials, and a 60T - 80T for crosscuts. I tend to use a 40 or 50T for most tasks, and a 24T TK ripper for thick ripping...but I'm also very fond of a couple of 60T blades instead of the general purpose blades for cleaner cuts. The Freud LU88R010 or the Infinity 010-060 both offer really clean cuts and still have enough versatility for all but the thickest materials.
            Last edited by hewood; 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM. Reason: WWII bargain alert

Comment

Originally posted by Shipwreck View Post
              I heard the Fusion can only be sharpened by Freud, is that true?
              As far as I know, not 100% positive though, Freud doesn't offer blade sharpening. Even if Freud does offer that service, I don't see why any other reputible sharpening service couldn't handle the job of sharpening that blade.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

the place i have sharpen blades says there are only three types of machines made in germany that are capable of sharpening saw blades and they have one of the models and are an authorized frued supplier. they even sharpen the idolized forrest blades which are suppose to be only sharpened by forrest.

Comment

Well I went with a Freud LU82M010 60T Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose blade. I'll get it on the saw this weekend and see how it cuts.

Comment

Working...
                  X