X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intricate finger joints...

I kept busting out the wooden pin on my finger joint jig, and came up with a nice way to fix the problem and make nice accurate finger joints the size of the stock 3650 blade. (I'm sure that this has been done before... but I'll post the pics anyways)...

1. This picture shows the top of the jig... I used a metal L-bracket as the spacing pin for the joints... I just happened to find these brackets in the garage... and they are the same thickness as the kerf cut by the stock ts3650 blade...

2. Here's a back biew of the jig... the spacer block keeps the rounded bend in the L-bracket from affecing the angle of the pin... and gave the screws more wood to grab onto...

3. Here's the end result... with a quarter to show the scale of the joints... I used thin stock as a test piece which is why the fingers stick out so far. (I plan to use the jig on 1/2" to 3/4" red oak...

4. Another pic... next to the saw blade...

5. The shop dog approves of the joints... and I'm just happy that I didn't give up on making the jig WORK!!!

Working...
X