Dust collector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust collector

Just purchased a 3660 Table Saw and would like to put a dust collector on it. Does any one know who sales them or how to build one for this saw. It is the same as the 3650.
    Thanks

Re: Dust collector

Many find that a shop vac will work OK for dust collection with the 3650/3660. A relative inexpensive full fledged dust collector line this one from Harbor Freight on the other hand is a better way to go.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by cbdeajr View Post

Just purchased a 3660 Table Saw and would like to put a dust collector on it. Does any one know who sales them or how to build one for this saw. It is the same as the 3650.
      Thanks
      Anyone had any experience with the following from Woodcraft?
      Dust Cutter Contractor's Saw Dust Collector

#145764 Price:$39.99

Comment

I have had one installed for about 3 months and It does stop 90% of the sawdust that falls under the saw. I have it connected to a 4.25 hp sears shop vac and it pulls a lot of the dust out of the bag. Maybe 50%.
        Unless you block the opening at the back and front of the saw I don't think it will pull all of it. With the openings you will still have a lot of dust left on the ledges of the saw sides and the screw's for the tilt and height adjustments. To get all the dust out of the bag you will have to jostle the bag when the vac. is on. The bag is mounted to the ledges of the metal sides under the say with velcro strips. If you get sawdust on the ledges and don't clean it before installing it will not stick. I plan on sealing the back opening and the front to help create more directed air.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Dave,
          Do you have any thoughts on the Harbor Freight dust collector vs those from outfits like JET and Delta?
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by harrison2119 View Post
            I plan on sealing the back opening and the front to help create more directed air.
            Hope this helps.
            Remember you need air flow to for what ever type of DC you are using to be able to remove the dust. You may install a removable shield in the back opening remember not to tilt the saw with it installed or you may do damage to the saw. One way to protect your saw is to make the cover in 2 pieces using 1/8" material & contact magnetic strips like found in refrigerator door seals to hold it in place so when or if you tilt the saw & forget to remove the cover it will move with a minor amount of resistance & no damage to the saw. Leave the tilt opening in front open for air movement.

Comment

Working...
            X