Finally got the Bies fence installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the Bies fence installed

I bought the fence from Lowe's some time ago for the wonderful price of $80. During the past week or so I built some new TS wings to replace the web ones on my Ridgid saw and moved the router from a table to the table saw wing. My old router table will be used for my Performax 10-20 sander. Floor space being the issue.
    The Formica used for the surface was purchased from Lowes for about $15. It was broken almost in half, but the good areas were fine for my use. For router dust collection, I used the dust collection cabinet from Woodpeckers.com. I bought it a year ago at $59. The price today is $110. I drilled a 2.5 inch hole in the side of the cabinet for the 2.5" hose for the fence dust collection. I haven't used the router yet, so I have not tested performance of my set up.
    I have used the TS with the new fence and I love it. The Ridgid fence was not bad, the Bies is just really nice. I would not have replaced the Ridgid fence if I had to spend $400+ for the bies fence. I shifted the guide tube to the right and now I have about a bit more than 39" rip to the right of the saw blade.
    I have posted some pictures of my new set up. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Re: Finally got the Bies fence installed

Where do you find this Bies fence? I have searched Lowes to no avail. Can you supply a link? Thanks.

Comment

is your saw a 3612?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Tonyeid
        I bought it last year at a close out sale. I doubt they are available now.

Finer,
        Mine is a TS2424, but I had converted it to a 3612 but shifting the stock fence to the right. Now I have just inches to the left of the blade and about 39.5 inches to the right.

John

Comment

Beautiful job John - Looks top notch!
          "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

John it looks great,
            Did you had to make any hold to be able to install your bies? can you gives more more details how did you get it install?
            I am considering upgrading TS3650 but I been very hesitant since I am no a mechanical incline and I don't want to drill into the cast iron.

Thanks,

Comment

The fence I got on sale was pre drilled for a Delta saw, so I did have to drill in the cast iron, but it was not big deal really. You clamp the bies rails on your saw using pipe clamps making sure it is in the right location and then drill. easy.
              If you buy a bies made for a Ridgid saw, the holes should line up

Comment

Fine looking setup John. You're gonna love that Biese fence!

Comment

Working...
                X