Ridgid Throat Plates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Throat Plates

Who has the best deals on the throat plates for the Ridgid TS3660?

Re: Ridgid Throat Plates

I got mine directly from Ridgid parts (over the phone). It was $64 for the Dado and a ZCI. $13 shipping, I think $15 for the ZCI and about $36 for the dado plate. It definitely would have been cheaper to make them, but I don't have a flush trim router bit. The Ridgid Dado plate is the same metal type as the one included in the saw.

The ZCIs are made out of thin plastic with some ridges for reinforcement. The ridges do make them pretty stiff so I am not worried about it bending. One nice feature is that they do have set screws so you can get it even to your table top without having to worry about routing out the right sized rabbet.

Not the best deal, but they did arrive the very next day (and I only get to "play" for a few hours each weekend, so I would rather spend time making things other than jigs and accessories).

Comment

Another source.........ZCI's
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BD what about ZCIs for older Ridgids like the 2412 and 3612?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

FINER9998, model 953 fits the older RIDGID saws. I bought one last year at the Milwaukee WW Show and can confirm that it fits the 3612 at least. Because it also says it fits older Craftsman saws(made by Emerson) it should also fit the 2412 and 2424.
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Make your own zero clearance plates with hard board or hard wood. Easy and cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X