X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jointer

Anyone out there have an opinion of the Ridgid jointer .Is there a comparable alternative .I'm looking spend $400 or less

Re: Ridgid Jointer

In the price range you mentioned, the Ridgid jointer ranks right up near the top of the list.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i have the ridgid jointer. it works very well and has handled everything i've thrown at it. you won't find a better tool for rabbetting. and don't forget the LLSA.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

LLSA?
        §m€llŸ™

Comment

Originally posted by smelly View Post
          LLSA?
          If you own any Ridgid tools you should read this.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The Ridgid jointer is a solid design, and typically well liked. The wide base makes it a bit more difficult to put on a mobile base, but there are aftermarket options available.

There are comparable alternatives from Jet, Grizzly has two, Delta, Sunhill, Rikon, and Craftsman. Sale prices fluctuate...most get near your budget. Some offer full enclosures, wheels, and/or stem mounted switches. Some are slightly wider, and/or a bit taller. Check out as many as you can and go with whichever makes sense to you....all should do a good job.

Comment

Working...
            X