X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand held jointer

Does anyone use one of the hand held planers?

Re: Hand held jointer

We use them out on the jobsite when we install cabinets. they cut down alot of time when it comes to scribing. they are a very handy tool to have around

Comment

I have one and use on occasion, mine is like this picture.
      some times easier to take the tool to the lumber or project than the project or lumber to the tool.

and I have a "power plane" as well, not sure what exactly your referring to, not real great for jointing with In my opinion, tho, nice to remove a lot of wood in a hurry, mine is a different brand than the one below but similar in look.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BHD; 03-12-2008, 11:25 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have an older craftsman 3'' an have used the big makita.They are handy at times.Mostly I've used mine on doors of some kind and on boats doing planking.
        Sam

Comment

i took a course on the use of one of these - they are a great tool! You can joint a board of any practically length, but a high quality hand plane jointer is pretty pricey, the veritas one is almost 300 cdn dollars.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,41182,52515

I am definately gonna buy one of these.

Comment

I've used a hand plane as a jointer before. It works well, albeit slow. There's days I just prefer to do things the old way...it gives one time to think. I also think the finish I get from my hand plane is better than the machine. For jointing boards, it doesn't really matter. It's more a matter of pride.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
            X