X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid BS14002 Riser Kit

I wanted a riser kit for my Ridgid BS14002. Some people said the Grizzly kit would work, but there are 2 kits from Griz. I couldnt find a definite answer of which kit would work. Someone posted here that they bought one and the guide post wasnt the correct diameter. So, I asked a couple questions of Grizzly owners, and today I installed the correct riser kit on my Ridgid BS14002. Its Grizzly H3051. No modifications, perfect bolt in. No tracking problems, no grinding of the alignment pins, unbolt arm, drop in riser and re-bolt. The only thing is the block is green. I dont care. The Ridgid kit is $160. The Grizzly kit is $60. I guess I can buy some silver paint.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H3051
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid BS14002 Riser Kit

Thanks for the post

Comment

Thanks for posting the info, weblance! I've been curious about the same thing, and it's good to know it's a bolt-in. I notice you also have a DC connection on the lower door. What size is it and does it get in the way of opening the door?
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
        I notice you also have a DC connection on the lower door. What size is it and does it get in the way of opening the door?
        VASandy... its a 4" port, just one of the generic jointer take-offs that the woodworking stores sell. It works great, NO dust in the lower compartment. I never gave it any thought, when I cut the hole, about not interfering with the motor. I lucked out.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by weblance; 03-15-2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I also want to comment, I used the BS14002 today with the riser installed to make 6 bandsawn boxes. I was concerned about whether the 3/4 horse motor would be up to the task. You usually have to cut through some thick wood to make a bandsawn box. I had to cut through 6" of hard Maple and Bloodwood. I installed a new carbon steel 1/8"~14 tooth per inch blade. The bandsaw powered through the wood in no time flat. 3/4 horse is plenty, if you use common sense. It probably wont be a 12" resaw monster, but has more than enough power to do a 6" thick cut. I have had this saw for several years, and my only complaint was it had bad tracking problems right out of the box. Urethane tires fixed this. I have since balanced the wheels and added a Powertwist link drive belt and now it is as smooth as silk.

Comment

Originally posted by weblance View Post
            I wanted a riser kit for my Ridgid BS14002. Some people said the Grizzly kit would work, but there are 2 kits from Griz. I couldnt find a definite answer of which kit would work. Someone posted here that they bought one and the guide post wasnt the correct diameter. So, I asked a couple questions of Grizzly owners, and today I installed the correct riser kit on my Ridgid BS14002. Its Grizzly H3051. No modifications, perfect bolt in. No tracking problems, no grinding of the alignment pins, unbolt arm, drop in riser and re-bolt. The only thing is the block is green. I dont care. The Ridgid kit is $160. The Grizzly kit is $60. I guess I can buy some silver paint.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H3051
            Hi, Does the Grizzley kit come with longer plastic blade guards for the front and back?

Thanks

Comment

if you check the link the previoius poster included to the grizzly product, and check the installation manual pdf @ the grizzly site, it indicates that it comes with everything needed to operate the saw, with the siser block, safely.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by N4N View Post
                Hi, Does the Grizzley kit come with longer plastic blade guards for the front and back?

Thanks
                Yes, it does. I have the same riser block. Piece of cake to install (even solo). Took about an hour to remove the upper assembly, put on the riser, tighten it all up, and tune the alignment of everything (coplaner, tracking, drift, etc).

Stock blade with the riser kit sucks.. no surprise there, eh?
                New blade length is 105"

Comment

Does anyone know if the Grizzly kit will fit my '50's vintage Delta 14"?

Comment

Working...
                  X