TS2424 arbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 arbor

It was mentioned in a posting to the "arbor length" thread that a TS2424 arbor could have a taper. I had a close look at the arbor on my TS2424 and noticed that from left to right there is a "valley" where the narrow, smooth shoulder ends and the threads begin. By "valley" I mean the shaft diameter is slightly reduced. Is this what was referred to by taper? I could see how a chipper or end blade in a stacked dado blade might rest in this valley and cause an uneven dado bottom. Is there a problem with my arbor?

Test the arbor and see, try a stack dado and if you are getting an uneven cut (one of the chippers is cutting deeper than the others) then you need a replacement arbor.

Jake

Comment

I did some dado cuts last night and noticed the leftmost chipper always cuts deeper than the others. This is true even when I jumble the placement order of the chippers. The chipper cuts approximately a 1/32" deeper than the others. Why didn't I notice this sooner some may ask? I'm a new table saw operator and the dado blade I'm using is my first dado blade that I haven't had many opportunities to use since purchasing it about a month ago. If a new arbor would give me flat bottom dados then I would appreciate Ridgid sending an improved, "valley-free" replacement. How difficult is installation of a new arbor?

Comment

Jake,
        Mine does the same thing Dave L's does. My griive is a little deeper than 1/32" though. How do I take care of this? I bought a Fread Dado set in Feb. but this is the forst time I used it.
        Justin

Comment

Both you guys, drop me an email

Jake

Comment

Working...
          X