No Start TS3650 fix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start TS3650 fix?

Hello all, I finally picked up the TS3650 on sale and put it all together the first chance I had, looking forward to the sound of a new saw whirring. After 5.5 hrs of assembly and adjustment I plugged it in and only heard the sound of a saw trying to start, dim lights, and the eventual click of a circuit breaker. I assumed I had and overloaded circuit, so I purchased a new GFCI outlet and a 20 AMP breaker and wired in a dedicated circuit, which was a good idea if I needed it or not. But this time, same thing (only no dim lights) and the breaker kicked again. I unplugged the saw and attempted to squeeze the belt, the motor moved freely in its mount but the belt was difficult to turn. I removed the belt and started the motor without the blade and it started right up. I then unplugged the saw again and opened up the blade area and checked for anything binding and was able to move the blade easily by hand as well as the motor. I put it all back together and the saw started right up. I am not sure why this happened, maybe the bearings at the blade had a flat spot in them and once the pressure of the belt and motor was off and the blade was advanced it worked itself out. I just thought I would mention it in case anyone else ran into this. The saw seems to work fine otherwise. Anybody else have this experience? Should I have done something different during assembly?

Re: No Start TS3650 fix?

I had a similar problem. Turned out I just had the belt a little to tight.

Comment

Take the belt off and see if the motor runs ok without it. If so, then it's belt tension. If not, then it's motor or electrical.

Comment

It is possible that during the assembly the belt jumped off the arbor pulley and was around the end of the trunnion housing. I had that happen once but caught it when freehanding the pulley (before I tried to start the saw). In my case I think it happened when I was putting the belt onto the motor pully. The belt would not move. I was surprised to find it off the front pulley because i "was sure" I had not given it any slack. You can miss it giving just a quick look, because the end of the housing is almost the same diameter as the pulley.
        Another thing that will cause the belt to jump off is to lower the blade with an outfeed table too close to the motor, so that it can't rock down. (DAMHIKT!!)

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
        X