New to forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

This is my first post and I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the forums since back in September 2007 when I bought my TS2400 and found these forums. I have got a lot of good information here and really enjoy coming here everyday. I went with the 2400 instead of the 3650 because of space. I have a garage that we park a long bed pickup and an suv in. I also have a large work bench (2' x 8') and riding lawn mower and lots of other stuff stored in there. I had to do a little re-arranging to make room for the 2400 (I store it folded up). I bought the saw to build a haunted house for Halloween. I sawed 4'x8' sheets of OSB and a lot of 2x4's and other items. The saw did a great job. So far I am very pleased with the performance and accuracy. It is a very sturdy saw for a portable. When I bought the saw I went ahead and bought a 24 tooth rip blade and a 60 tooth crosscut. It came with a Ridgid 28 tooth that I have not really used. Because of the direct drive and wanting to make the motor last, I actually change between the ripping blade and the crosscut. I don't want to put excessive stress on the motor using a combination blade for everything. I think if you use a blade made for a certain task that you get better results. Just my opinion.
    For those who have recently purchased a Ridgid product, it took a little over 5 months for the LSA to come through.
    Also the HD were I bought my saw still has a display with the 2400, 3650, drill press and other tools and not just Ridgid on display.
    I went out and bought a wet/dry vac today. I got the Ridgid WD1665. I looked at the Craftsman and Shop Vac, but thought this was a good value for the money. I will have to use it for a while to see how good of a job it does. I also purchased the better filter for fine dust. This is long enough, I'll quit now.
    BMJinGA - There's no substitute for experience.

Re: New to forum

Welcome to the forum,
    glad you enjoyed your new tools,
    and happy saw dust making in the future,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Welcome to the forums and oh yeah, pay no attention to the plumbers.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! The plumbers are nice. Just dont ask them a bunch of DIY questions oh yeah.. and watch out for the dog

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Glad to hear the saw is doing what you need.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

You're funny, Josh

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Welcome to the forum! The plumbers are nice. Just dont ask them a bunch of DIY questions oh yeah.. and watch out for the dog

Comment

Welcome aboard Wagon Man, There are lots of great people here.
              John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

BMJ,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum. As you've already noted, this is a fun and knowledgeable place to be. Welcome aboard and I'll look forward to your participation.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                X