X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 rip-fence issue

This past Thanksgiving, at the "Black Friday" sale at HD, I bought a TS2400. Until recently, I have used it almost exclusively for ripping. The fence seems to be aligned properly with the miter slot. The adjustment that is out of whack is that the face of the fence and the tabletop do not form a 90 degree angle. It was not at all noticed until I started cutting the tenons for a mission coffee table. A square placed flat on the table and against the fence clearly shows a gap. I emailed Ridgid tech support and was told there is no adjustment for this problem; take it to a service center for evaluation. I am loath to part with my saw for who knows how long just as the weather is getting nice.
    Any help, or am I really at the mercy of the dreaded "service center"?
    Thanks

Re: TS2400 rip-fence issue

Never heard of such a problem and don't really see how it could happen. Take it in for service.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I've not had this problem with my ts2400 (actually haven't had much in the way of problems with it). I didn't fine an adjustment in the online manual. However, I seem to remember seeing or hearing a way to make this adjustment. Looking at my saw, it appears you could install shims under 2 of the fence's 4 mounting bolts to adjust for a vertical face.

Before installing such shims, make certain that the front fence rail is parallel with the table top (I think a close visual check would be good enough). Determining the size (thickness) of shim to use will be a trial and error process. As a guess the shim thickness would be roughly 1/2 the amount it is out of vertical.

I am assuming the fence is only a small amount out of vertical (1/16th or less). If it is much more than that, go to the service center.
      Dick

Comment

Dick, this question was a month ago and only post by person. nuther smartass trying to down the Ridgid products. No way for the fence to get out that way. LOL
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
          Dick, this question was a month ago and only post by person. nuther smartass trying to down the Ridgid products. No way for the fence to get out that way. LOL
          I am not sure about that. The fence on my 3650 is not excatly 90 degress to the table. Havent had time to figure out why but my issue could caused by the rails being slightly out of square to each other.

Comment

I have a "pricey" Biesemyer fence and I have the same problem. Customer service at Delta says they allow .0015,on squareness to the table as well as the fence flatness. Needless to say I'm not happy...

Comment

Originally posted by Brijvdude6407 View Post
              This past Thanksgiving, at the "Black Friday" sale at HD, I bought a TS2400. Until recently, I have used it almost exclusively for ripping. The fence seems to be aligned properly with the miter slot. The adjustment that is out of whack is that the face of the fence and the tabletop do not form a 90 degree angle. It was not at all noticed until I started cutting the tenons for a mission coffee table. A square placed flat on the table and against the fence clearly shows a gap. I emailed Ridgid tech support and was told there is no adjustment for this problem; take it to a service center for evaluation. I am loath to part with my saw for who knows how long just as the weather is getting nice.
              Any help, or am I really at the mercy of the dreaded "service center"?
              Thanks
              I had the same issue on my TS2410. I put a digital angle guage on it and after zeroing it to the table top it read 89.9 degrees. What I found that helped was I loosened the 4 adjusting bolts that you use when you need to adjust the fence to make it parallel to the miter slot and i slipped a couple small peices of very looseleaf paper under the 2 bolts on the right side of the fence. That gave me just what i needed to get it to a perfect 90 degrees. I also used a dado to make some tenons this past weekend and they were right on.......

It's a pain in the neck but it solved the problem.

Comment

I happened to read about fence adjustments just prior to seeing this post.

The fence on a TS2400LS is adjustable to the miter and blade (which requires a left/right horizontal adjustment) according to my manual, but is not adjustable to the table itself which requires a 90° adjustment. Checking my TS2400 table saw, after reading this post, shows my table is 90° to the fence - right on the money without a sparkle of daylight (placing a lamp, in a dark workshop), behind my square.

To have fence out of adjustment to the table is very unusual, if not impossible to believe since the fence (called "Lock Rod" Part # 824342-1) is an extruded production item - if it's off all saws would be off - or least that particular batch processing.

Comment

I have the same problem on my TS2410. Here's my temporary solution:
                  >Ran a 4"x30" piece of 3/4" plywood through the saw (blade fully extended) with the wood standing on edge and pressed firmly against the rip fence.
                  >Trimmed the board to roughly 3" (or whatever is slightly shorter than rip fence is high).
                  >Flipped the board over and screwed it to the fence. The board is vertically square to the table (exactly offsets the out of square rip fence) PLUS I can now easily screw other items to it wood fence. ...of course the table's tape measure is now next to useless...

I may try the shims or send it back to Ridgid when time permits.

Comment

Working...
                  X