Herc-U-Lift Plus Mobile Base

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift Plus Mobile Base

Anyone know where I can get hold of a Herc-U-Lift Plus mobile base made by Ridgid?

I bought one at the HD last week (last one at my HD) and attached it to my Dad's Delta TS. Works great (even though I had to make some modifications) and I want to get another for my Ridgid Planer.

The 3650TS comes with one that is not the Plus, and as far as I can tell, it is less versitile ... (the Plus can fit a large variety of stands, but the one that comes with the 3650TS fits it only?)
    Protection in the workshop? ... I\'ve got a condom on right now.

You can get the Hercu-Lift Plus at HD. Check around, you might even get it for $49. I did. It'll go on my Ridgid stand that I have my planer bolted to.

Michael

Comment

I bought one the other day for my Delta TS as well, but I have not installed it yet. Zbynek, can you give me any recommendations?

Todd

Comment

I looked into getting the lift for my Ridgid Planer but I was quoted $219 canadian at my local HD. Even with the exchange rate I find this way too much. Can you really find one in the USA for $49.

Comment

scboyd-

I found a couple more at my locat BORG and one at a BORG 20min away. They are $49.

ToddH-

It was a little tricky to do. They have specifications for each kind of RIDGID tool as well as a generic setup spec for varied stand sizes. My Delta TS stand measures 25x27, so I tried to follow that setup. BUT, there were a couple of bits of info that were off. I don't remember them, but I will go look at my setup and see what is different from what the manual lists. One thing that was kind of screwy: Measurements are from screw-hole to screw-hole, not end-of-metal to end-of-metal as I expected.

-zrj

Comment

scboyd,

They are $49 here in MN.

Swede

Comment

Does anyone know the weight capacity for the Herc-U-Lifts?
              "Semper Fi"
              "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

300lbs is what the box says.

Comment

Thanks zbynek. I guess I'll have to look elswhere then. The Craftsman weighs in at 350lbs. Any suggestions? HTC2000 maybe?
                  "Semper Fi"
                  "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

Are there any friends out there in the buffalo area that an let me know if they have any lifts in stock at an buffalo area HD? For $49 its well worth a weekend away to pick one up. And I can let on to my wife that I just want to take here an a mini weekend getaway...

Comment

Zbynek,

Have you had a chance to examine how the Herc-u-lift attache dto the Delta TS. I started attaching it yesterday and I'm having a little trouble.

Thanks

Comment

scboyd,

That's a ridiculous price you were quoted from HD Canada. Did you point out the US to Canadian price difference to them? Maybe they quoted you a Herc-U-Lift caster set (Ridgid Part # 9920) by mistake instead of the Herc-U-Lift PLUS (Ridgid Part # 9950).

Two suggestions - Order directly from Ridgid Parts (Should ship from Oakville if they're in stock) or Call a HD in Buffalo and ask them to check the computer for stock and then always ask them to do a physical check.

You could also make one. I did that myself before the Plus was available, but I would never do it again. It was a pain to drill all those holes.

Comment

Does anyone know if either the plus or the regular base fits the Rigid Jointer JP0610?

Comment

bunglito,

Unfortunatley, the Herc-U-Lift mobile base does not fit the JP0610. I had the same thought with mine. Looking to make my own. The Jointer is just too heavy to move around bu myself!

Good Luck,

Swede

Comment

I built my own, not using the same design as the Herc-U-Lift, but the same concept of pushing a wheel down and locking it in place with what is essentially a gate hasp. However, I really dislike it. I got the idea from a magazine test article that showed the author testing jointers on long narrow pallets. Presumably this enabled him to use a pallet jack to shift them around in order to test each in a small area. My idea was to put this on three fixed wheels. I thought this would raise the jointer to a more comfortable height for me as well. I hate it. There's no sideways movement and it is fairly unstable when it's up on it's wheels. When it's down on the floor, I have to bend down and lower feet to keep it stable.

I would purchase a low profile, heavy-duty base next time (Like the VEGA MMK-2; see American Woodworker 2005 online Tool Buyers Guide). Jointers are so top-heavy, and the light open-bases like mine makes stability worse.

[ 02-20-2005, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: DK ]

Comment

Working...
                              X