X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new JP0610

Picked it up today. Just wanted to brag to a group who can appreciate it.

Funny thing, though. I know we're not supposed to bash Big Orange anymore on this board [img]smile.gif[/img] , but, even after hearing a few horror stories about how difficult the jointer is to assemble, I put mine together and checked the adjustments in less time than it took FIVE people at HD to get it off the rack.

The only one they had in stock was on the top rack beneath a TS3612 and a drill press. On top of that, the machine they were "supposed" to use to get it down was broken. It was worth the 2-1/2 hours, most of that time with the nuts & bolts aisle CLOSED, just to watch the comedy of errors.

Now I can start on that dining table I promised my wife. Anybody got any spare walnut?

enjoy the jointer!
    Andy B.

Comment

At least you have a great comic story to share when getting your jointer, and congratulations on getting it.
      Be sure to take some pics of the Walnut table aye? Walnut is a beautiful wood, and anything made with it is candy to the eyes!
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Congrats on your jointer purchase. I've had mine for about two months now, and it has been great. I didn't have any assembly problems with mine, either. Aside from the usual edge and face jointing, I've done a few rabbets and bevels on mine with good results.

Comment

Working...
        X