X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planer issue with new blades on TP1300

My original blades on the TP1300 were leaving streaks so I flipped them around. I ran a piece of wood through and I am still getting a pronounced streak down the board. I dont think its the same place as before but I am not certain. Could the other side of the blade also have a nic? I inspected them and everything seemed ok. I have a couple of extra sets but I am suprised this is happening on new edges. I also cleaned the rollers to make sure that wasnt causing any problems. Tomorrow I will try another set and see what happnes.

Re: Planer issue with new blades on TP1300

Originally posted by Pez View Post
    My original blades on the TP1300 were leaving streaks so I flipped them around. I ran a piece of wood through and I am still getting a pronounced streak down the board. I dont think its the same place as before but I am not certain. Could the other side of the blade also have a nic? I inspected them and everything seemed ok. I have a couple of extra sets but I am suprised this is happening on new edges. I also cleaned the rollers to make sure that wasnt causing any problems. Tomorrow I will try another set and see what happnes.
    a streak or a nick? If just a streak of color, black? could be something on your rollers.

Comment

Its a nick, not a streak of color from the rollers. Its odd though as it almost looks like a streak of color but when you run your finger over it you can barely feel the groove in the wood.

Comment

Is it possible you have a burr or hard piece of resin stuck on the blade carrier? If it is protruding above (actually below) the plane of the cutting edge it will leave a groove.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          Is it possible you have a burr or hard piece of resin stuck on the blade carrier? If it is protruding above (actually below) the plane of the cutting edge it will leave a groove.

Go
          If its a burr on the blade carrier how can I fix that? Without really knowing that seems like it could be the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X