X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert on TS3660

I am getting ready to make my own ZCI for my 3660. I have noticed that some woodworkers do not use any fasteners to hold the insert down and only lay in down into the recessed area. I need to hear from you guys about what you think.

Re: Insert on TS3660

If properly constructed and slotted, a ZCI doesn't need to be held down. It's more of a safety issue then a necessity. I make all of my homemade ZCI's with a hold down clip in the rear and screw hold down in the front.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I made my first couple with the clip and screw hole. The last couple, I tried without and they seem fine. Care must be taken to make them to fit properly. Then again...you need to take care where that screw hole goes, too! That's the reason one of my last ones didn't get a screw.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Hmm, I tried the ZCI's a few times. After a few hours of cutting stuff, the back edge of the opening was already enlarging from the sawdust and splinters and stuff. I never noticed any difference on the under side cut of the wood anyway. I found that the proper blade does better at controlling chipping than any insert. Also, never in my umpteen years building cabinets have I seen a screwed/clipped in insert. All i've seen they just sit there.

Mark
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

I've made some where I used a couple of small countersunk screws in the edge that can be adjusted to snug up the fit, so it's a nice friction fit. You can also add a pin at the end to prevent any lifting.

Comment

I have two that i use on a regular basis that just rest in the slot with good friction fit pressure. Have yet to have any problems with them. Plus there easy to make. happy cutting

Comment

Working...
            X