My upgraded TS2424

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My upgraded TS2424

Last summer I bought that $80 Biesmeyer deal from Lowes. I finally got a chance in install it and build new wings for my TS and mounted my router in the wing.

I LOVE my new set up. The Ridgid fence was good, never a problem. And I would never have paid the $400+ a Bies usually costs. But the Biesmeyer is a better system. The dust collection on the router works great. Over all a very useful project. I had to drill some holes in the CI. I was able to move the guide tube to the right, so instead of the 30" on the right I have 39"

The reason I moved my router into the TS wing is space. I needed to free up some space for my Performax 10-20 sander. Never enough floor space it seems
    Attached Files

Re: My upgraded TS2424

Wow... your shop setup is much nicer than mine...
    In some cases... It looks like use my little chevy as outfeed support...
    I guess this is how it's going to be as long as I stay a "renter!"

Comment

Very nice setup ya got there John. I especially like the way you modified the wing areas of the saw. It's kinda hard for me to tell from the pictures, can you describe how and what you did?
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Dave
        I made the wings using the plans in the Biesmeyer instructions for building wings. I used
        2 1/4" red oak for the perimeter and the cross supports (not seen in the picture), 3/4" MDF as the top, and covered it with formica. The formica was a broken piece I got from Lowes cheap. I bolted the wings to the CI sawtable top and to the rails of the Biesmeyer. Total width of the saw now is about 6 feet. The wing holding the router has the steel legs that came with the Bies. I worked really hard to make sure the wings were in the same plane as the saw top.

If anyone else has more questions, please ask.

Comment

Nice job. Is the TS an older 2400 or similar to the 3650?

Comment

My saw is model TS242 and is similar to the TS3650, just older and built here in the US I think. The older color scheme. I have had it for about 5 years.

Comment

John, that's a nice looking setup. Is the fence as solid as they clame?
              Jim
              Jim

Comment

Did you seal the under side of the MDF table wings? I know in one of the Woodworking vids on woodworkingonline.com that not sealing the underside of a router table could cause it to let moisture through and eventually warp it.
                Also, what components did you use for enclosing the router? Did you also install a lift?
                Sorry to be such a nosy butt, but I also have the bessy fence and want to do the same setup on my Delta.

Thanks
                Last edited by harley130; 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM.
                sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

I didn't seal the MDF, Utah is a very dry climate and my shop is heated and cooled. In 5 years I have had NO problem with moisture or rust. I already had the woodpecker's lift for my router and I love it http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html
                  The router dust collection is this http://www.woodpeck.com/downdraft.html I bought mine a couple of years ago on a scratch and dent sale for $49, I drilled a 2 1/2 inch hole in the side for the hose for the fence dust collection.

Comment

Working...
                  X