Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust collection Pictures

Hello,
    I know that I posted a simular thread a while back but it is always good to re-post.I will be going to the borg this week to pick up some 4" Pvc to start routing me DC system.Already got the blastgates adapters and Hoses.I am going with this guide
    http://baspluim.googlepages.com/mydustcollectionsetup

I have read all the discussions on static electricity so I really dont want to get into that.Just wanted to see some pictures of you gentlemens,and ladies DC set-ups to give me some ideas and inspiration.
    Marc

Re: Dust collection Pictures

I kept mine really really simple.

I have my Jet/DustDog collector next to my table saw. I have a 25' hose coiled up under my saw table connecting the two. When I need to use it on my drum sander or shaper, I pull it off the saw, pull it over the drum sander and go to work. Been this way for 2 years now. I just can't see running 50 feet of 4" PCV and blast gates ($$$$$$) and reducers and "T's" and "Y's" and smaller hoses and bigger houses and having to run around opening this and closing that. It takes me less than a minute to re-route my hose and i'm good to go. I also don't want my collector across the shop or back in my storage area. It's remote controlled and I don't want it getting blocked all the time. Plus, I like being able to see it at a glance to see if it's getting full. Doing raised panels fills it in no time.

You mention you spent $575 on your system for parts only, no time figured in. Don't take this the wrong way, but you could have spent less than that on a really good high filteration dust collector and 25' hose and had money left over.

this is the exact same one I bought 2 years ago. The filter is great. Just crank the handle and it knocks all the dust from the inside. Emptying the bag is not the easiest but atleast I can see when it's getting full.

Mark
    Last edited by The Wood Meister; 03-23-2008, 12:08 AM.
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Re: Dust collection Pictures

Originally posted by The Wood Meister View Post
      I kept mine really really simple.

I have my Jet/DustDog collector next to my table saw. I have a 25' hose coiled up under my saw table connecting the two. When I need to use it on my drum sander or shaper, I pull it off the saw, pull it over the drum sander and go to work. Been this way for 2 years now. I just can't see running 50 feet of 4" PCV and blast gates ($$$$$$) and reducers and "T's" and "Y's" and smaller hoses and bigger houses and having to run around opening this and closing that. It takes me less than a minute to re-route my hose and i'm good to go. I also don't want my collector across the shop or back in my storage area. It's remote controlled and I don't want it getting blocked all the time. Plus, I like being able to see it at a glance to see if it's getting full. Doing raised panels fills it in no time.

You mention you spent $575 on your system for parts only, no time figured in. Don't take this the wrong way, but you could have spent less than that on a really good high filteration dust collector and 25' hose and had money left over.

this is the exact same one I bought 2 years ago. The filter is great. Just crank the handle and it knocks all the dust from the inside. Emptying the bag is not the easiest but atleast I can see when it's getting full.

Mark
      I did not mension that I paid (You mention you spent $575 on your system for parts only, no time figured in. Don't take this the wrong way, but you could have spent less than that on a really good high filteration dust collector and 25' hose and had money left over. )You must of been reading someone elses post.My delta only cost me 250.00 and moves 1200 cfm.I spent around 70.00 for the pvc and about 20 for three blastgates.

Comment

Working...
      X