Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After months of talking.... a new TP1300!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After months of talking.... a new TP1300!

Finially!
    A new TP1300 sits in my shop waiting to be assembled.
    As soon as it cools off a bit, as it must be 110 degrees out in the shop, I'll put it together.
    Thanks for everyones input as I changed my mind half a dozen times during this purchase!
    Also bought all the supplies to build my wifes hobby/craft room, all using my 10% off HD coupon.
    Maybe I'll wait intill August when it's really hot to build the craft room in my shop for my wife!
    Rob Johnson
    Orange,Ca.
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Rob,

Congrats on the buy. Theres nothing quite as satisfying as a well researched purchase is there?
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Rob,

Seems that your "honey-Do" cupeth runneth over...especially with the whole ugly Cher incident that, if I were you, would never mention again. At any rate, one must make sacrifices for hardly fought and researched tools.
      Patrick<br />patrickssmith@cox.net<br />members.cox.net/patrickssmith

Comment

Got out of the Cher thing, my grand daughter is going instead, thank goodness. Could not see myself sitting thru that! All I have to do is drive the motorhome.
        The TP1300 is the first machine in a long time that made me laugh out load at first use. I've had a rocking horse cut out waiting to be assembled, but was holding off untill I got a planer. I ran some of the pieces yesterday, and can say that this thing is going to save some work!
        Have got to get to Rocklers today and pick up some 4" DC hose and a blast gate, as it does make a mess.
        Rob Johnson
        Orange,Ca.

Comment

Congrat's on the new planer Rob... They are allot of fun... I have about 250' board feet of white oak freshly re-sawed and need to start planing... It will take multiple passes to get it to 3/4"... I will be there for a while today working away at it...
          Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Yeah,

But even the prep work such as planing all of your boards to thickness beats a day walking with your family at outlet malls, cutting the grass, etc, particularly with that shiny new machine you just acquired Johnson. Have you been able to put this machine through the paces yet?

I just ordered a DW733 with the current $299 price with the thinking that the much anticipated arrival of their new model will eventually do away with this highly regarded model so the price coupled with the quality is an opportunity, especially since no major mags who recently did reviews of planers included the existing DW model because of a "new arrival".

My only dillemma at this point is to research and find good quality lumber providers for both domestic and exotics woods. It's like a whole new ball game separate of tool research and woodworking techniques.

Have fun with the boards, fellas, I'm going into the attic to make a lumber rack in anticipation. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Patrick<br />patrickssmith@cox.net<br />members.cox.net/patrickssmith

Comment

I'm getting a "divit" at the beginning and the end of the board. Guess I should read the instructions?
              Seems like the infeed and out feed tables are not level with the cutters.
              My shops a mess. Started clearing the area for my wifes hobby/ craft room. Didn't know I had so much junk stored in there. I'll be loseing 144 sq. ft. of floor space but gaining one uninterupted wall and another broken only by a doorway. The uninterupted wall is getting a lumber storage rack with storage under for my air compressor and Ridgid shop vac.
              The wall with the doorway will be the perfect place for my Router table.
              Got to work this to my advantage somehow!
              Rob Johnson
              Orange,Ca.

Comment

Working...
              X