X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on TS3660 belt guard install

Anyone who has finished assembling their TS3660, please help!

I am nearing the end of the assembly of my table saw but do not understand how to install the belt guard. Am I supposed to install the washer ON TOP OF the hex nut that is already on the studs, following with the belt guard, and then another nut, OR am I supposed to REMOVE the current hex nut, following with the washer on the stud, then the belt guard, and then putting the hex nut back on? The instructions do not say either way.

Please, if you could just take the time to check your own assembly, it would be incredibly helpful!!! Thanks!

Re: Question on TS3660 belt guard install

I believe it was take the top nuts off put the guard on replace nuts, looking at mine it's (from the inside of the guard) Flange nut - Guard - flat washer - flange nut - motor housing

Edit: I opted for leaving the washers on the motor side to provide more sandwich area for the plastic of the guard since the outside of the next nut would leave very little surface area in contact with the plastic and the flanged washer basically acts like a washer in the sense of adding contact area.

Also, be careful when tightening them down, it's easy to over torque them and crack the guard, don't ask me how I know that

YMMV

Mike
    Last edited by msorelle; 03-24-2008, 01:50 PM. Reason: clarified reasoning

Comment

I tried nut,washer,belt guard then nut but it seemed to put the belt way to close to the one side of the belt guard within a 16th of an inch. If I removed the nuts it would be about 1/4to1/2 an inch.

Comment

I have mine on nut, washer, beltguard, nut and have plenty of clearance on both sides.
        Last edited by gator95; 03-24-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

thanks for the help guys I noticed that I was able to use the order you both said if I moved the pulley over and the motor back slightly which is what I did. thanks again.

Comment

I just did this the other night. I did it nut, guard, washer, Nut. You also have to make sure that the belt and both pulleys are in the same "plane" and not running in an angle.

Comment

Working...
            X