Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 motor and belt question

Hi

New to site and the 3650 saw . The assembly went well . My question is how tight or what kind of pressure should be on belt . It could be just the weight of motor on spring base. I could not find any infomation in the assembly book

Any Help is appreciated

Antique

Re: 3650 motor and belt question

You want the belt to flex about a 1/4 of an inch when firm pressure is squeezing it together.

Comment

Jparson1

Thanks for the info I guess I should pull motor out on the two rods and split the difference on the motor spring plate, then tighten the two set screws.

Antique

Comment

make sure you've got constant tension when the blade is low and when the blade is all the way up. the position of the motor on the pivot bolt will change as the blade elevation changes.

Comment

See this thread: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16775

The tension is set with the blade full up, and you should have only about 1/4" movement left before full spring compression. The spring provides the tension when the motor is pivoted up, and not much of its weight is on the belt. A full down, the spring is almost uncompressed, but the belt also has the full weight of the motor supplying the tension.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Guy's

Thanks for the help . I will get to setting the belt tension and rod position this week.
            Then I will be able to enjoy the saw.

Many Thanks again

Antique

Comment

Working...
            X