X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble aliging rip fence

I am having some difficulty getting the fence aligned. The first issue is when I tighten the bolts on the fence it tends to move a little. I can more or less get past this issue but the bigger problem is once I think I have it all done. I will take the rip fence off and put it back on and when I recheck the measurements its off by approx .004 inches from front to back. It seems no matter how close I get it once I take the rip fence off and put it back on its no longer as square as before.

What is an acceptable tolerance? I would have to think that I have gotten the fence square to the blade much closer by using the dial indicator compared to method in the manual. I spent a lot time on this and want to move on but want to make sure the alignment is good enough.

Re: Trouble aliging rip fence

What kind of fence to you have?

Comment

Pez, IMO, .004 is plenty close enough especially if the difference is towards the outfeed end of the fence.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Pez, IMO, .004 is plenty close enough especially if the difference is towards the outfeed end of the fence.
        i have experienced this with the TS2410 as well.......I am about 3 thou off at the outfeed end of the fence and have not seen any significant impact on workpeices thus far

Comment

Working...
        X