X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question about riser blocks

I recently got a bs 1400 and was wondering what other riser block kits would fit this model? HD wants $170+ for this and it seems a bit steep. I know there is a grizzly kit that fits but they will not sell or ship to Canada. Are there any other kits from other manufacturers that will fit? BTW it is one of the older all grey band saws. I'm aware of the vibration problems with the saw and the previous owner said he had no problems with the saw. I havent had time yet to play with the saw. Is the older saw as prone to this ailment or is it the newer orange saws?

Thanks for all the advice

Re: another question about riser blocks

Well... since you said Grizzly is out, that sucks. The Grizzly kit is H3051. Check with Shop Fox, they are owned by Grizzly. Maybe that Griz number will help you with Shop Fox. If you have vibration problems, search here, its all been discussed before.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16402

Comment

Got any friends in the US to ship it to? Then have them forward ship it to you?

The Grizzly kit is about 1/2 the price of the Ridgid... so it'd be worth the extra shipping cost.

If you are upgrading your resaw capabilities, you should really work out any kinks on vibration, drift, good tires, etc etc. Don't want to resaw 10" cherry and mess it up with a piss-poor cut.

Comment

thanks for the info. Unfortunately I dont have anyone that I can send to in th US. I'm going to address the vibration issues before I put a riser kit in. I've played around with the saw a bit and the vibration seems quite negligable. I think I lucked out. I was just wondering if there was any other brand that would bit besides the HD one. I'm not too far from the border (2 hrs or so) Is there any bigger stores like lowes that carries grizzly products and would it be likely that they would have the kit in stock? Thanks again for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by reduni View Post
          Is there any bigger stores like lowes that carries grizzly products and would it be likely that they would have the kit in stock? Thanks again for all the info.
          Grizzly is sold on the internet only. Shop fox is the same line of tools but sold in stores and sold in Canada

Comment

Reduni... If it were me, I would contact one of the people who posts here alot... Badgerdave, VASandy, or even post a new thread asking for help.(disclaimer... Badgerdave,VASandy, I hope I didnt offend you for using you as an example). Have one of these guys order the Grizzly H3051 for you, and then ship it to you. It will still be much cheaper than buying the Ridgid kit. This is why everybody is trying to find what kit fits instead of the Ridgid. Do you have a paypal account? It would be the best way to pay someone for the kit +shipping to Canada.

Comment

I just looked at Mapquest and Im closer to you than those other guys... If you want, contact me and I will get the Grizzly kit for you and ship it to you. You pay upfront, to me, for the kit and shipping. I dont know what shipping costs, but will find out, Cant be more than $20. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by weblance View Post
                Reduni... If it were me, I would contact one of the people who posts here alot... Badgerdave, VASandy, or even post a new thread asking for help.(disclaimer... Badgerdave,VASandy, I hope I didnt offend you for using you as an example). Have one of these guys order the Grizzly H3051 for you, and then ship it to you. It will still be much cheaper than buying the Ridgid kit. This is why everybody is trying to find what kit fits instead of the Ridgid. Do you have a paypal account? It would be the best way to pay someone for the kit +shipping to Canada.
                No offense here! I had actually considered PM'ing him to say I'd help him out if need be. Offer's open for sure.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

WOW. This is great. I really appreciate the help. I'm only trying to find out what my options are at this point. When I can scrape some more money together(also convince the wife) for the kit I will definetly ask here first. Thanks for the offer weblance. I would be interested to know what shipping costs from Ohio. Again, thanks to all for the advice. I've learned a lot through this site and all the knowledgable folks here.

Comment

You may also want to look into what taxes you may have to pay for something being shipped from US to Canada. I bring this up because a few years ago I sold a subwoofer (home theater is one my other main hobbies) to a guy in Canada and we fudged the price he paid to lessen some tax he had to pay.

I had also considered throwing in my name as someone who would buy it for you and then ship to Canada. Best thing about these forums is people willing to help others as we all share the same interest. Even though there may be a bad seed from time to time they are usually called out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X