Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade not moving when using micro adjust lever for alignment

Hey guys,

I need some help placing the blade in alignment with the miter slot. I loosened the front two trunnion bolts. I did not loosen the front centre because the instructions states that is only for adjusting the 1/8" gap to then end of throat plate. I loosened the rear 3 trunnion bolts. The picture in the manual only points to 2 of them. The 3rd one I assume is the bolt for the micro adjusting lever. So I turn the micro adjusting lever and nothing gives. The lever moves but the blade does not move.

Could someone please help me out.
    Last edited by dieselgg; 04-01-2008, 05:33 PM.

Re: Blade not moving when using micro adjust lever for alignment

I figured it out but the manual definitely has mistakes. The same mistakes are in the TS3660 manual. They could have at least corrected them there.

Comment

Just curious, what was the issue?

Comment

When I moved the lever I did not notice any movement. But the funny thing is the blade move but it is really hard to pick it up. Hence why they called it a micro-adjusting lever. I just thought the movement of the blade would be visible.

I tightened all the trunnion bolts and the left the bolt for the micro adjusting lever last. But what is odd is that as I was tightening it, the blade came out of alignment ever so slightly. Moved the lever back and steadily adjusted the bolt. That should not happen when all the other trunnion bolts are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgg View Post
          When I moved the lever I did not notice any movement. But the funny thing is the blade move but it is really hard to pick it up. Hence why they called it a micro-adjusting lever. I just thought the movement of the blade would be visible.

I tightened all the trunnion bolts and the left the bolt for the micro adjusting lever last. But what is odd is that as I was tightening it, the blade came out of alignment ever so slightly. Moved the lever back and steadily adjusted the bolt. That should not happen when all the other trunnion bolts are tight.
          I had that happen to me as well. What I did was hold the lever to help keep it at zero until the bolt was tight.

Comment

Working...
          X