X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Set up question

I just got a TS3650 for a wedding present and love it so far. I just have one question on the set up. When installing the rails, it says to line the 7-1/8" mark with the right side of the table. Without any other adjustments it cuts right to that dimension. So now I have to either adjust the rails or the indicators on the rip fence. Why not just set it at 7"? Any thoughts or reasons why?

My 3612 cuts exact with the 7-1/8" mark aligned to the end of the table top. If your 3650 doesn't then adjust it either right or left until it aligns properly. I would make some test cut at different lengths to make sure that the scale is correct at other settings too.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

When they say to align with the edge, do they mean the extension edge or just the main saw top's edge (minus the bolt on extensions)?

Comment

The part in the 3650 manual on aligning the front & rear rail is confusing. When it says to put a combo square on either side of the blade to align the rear rail, what exactly does that mean? Right along (touching) the blade? How can it not matter if you put the combo square on the left or the right of the blade? Wouldn't that change the alignment mark a few mm either way?

Comment

That was your wedding present? You lucky man! Now when your wife asks why your spending all your time in the shop just reply " I,m reliving our special day!!!"
          Originally posted by grtbigtrk:
          I just got a TS3650 for a wedding present and love it so far. I just have one question on the set up. When installing the rails, it says to line the 7-1/8" mark with the right side of the table. Without any other adjustments it cuts right to that dimension. So now I have to either adjust the rails or the indicators on the rip fence. Why not just set it at 7"? Any thoughts or reasons why?

Comment

Working...
          X