Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

have my bs almost ready... few problems...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have my bs almost ready... few problems...

you guys seem knowledgeable so i thought i'd come here! I finally broke down and bought a bs to cut out my decoys that i hand carve. it just got really tough trying to cut 8 inches deep with a jigsaw I've got the orange bs1400 set up..basically just screwed together. I've noticed a few things so far.... for one, i can't get the nuts on the screws that hold down the belt/motor shroud. I guess i just have to pony up for some new ones. second, the dust port is hitting the blade when the door closes. it seems that i'd really have to do some tweaking on the blade to get it away far enough... is that normal?

thanks

Jeff

THROW OUT the stock blade!!!

Call or google suffolk machinery & take advantage of their buy 3 get one free deal (around $12 per blade) recheck the tracking, and adjust your tension as described, on Suffolk Machinery's website.

If you run a search on the BS1400 you'll get loads of good info on the set-up and maintenence!

HDAN

Comment

"it just got really tough trying to cut 8 inches deep with a jigsaw "

Without a riser block you will only be able to cut six inches deep. I bougth the riser block from Grizzly industrial for my Ridgid. Fit perfectly and it is about $75.00 less than Ridgids. Total cost with shipping was $57.00. If you don't like green have a can of silver spray paint handy. This will increase your capacity to 12 inches.

Comment

Working...
      X