Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at the Ryobi 10" and 12" bench top drill presses today along with the Ridgid. I have decided if I do a lot of M&T joints I will get a dedicated mortiser for that.

Anyone have any comments on the 12" drill press by ryobi?

Thanks,

ERic

Comment

You can get the Delta 17-965 with the free mortising kit for $339 at Tools Plus. Of course, you will have to pay shipping. Their store is only about 55 min from me so I picked it up. When I was looking, it was only $40 more than the Ridgid and I could not find a local HD that had the Ridgid in stock.

Mark
      Mark

Comment

My local HD has at last decided to bring out onto the display floor most of the Ridgid machines that in the past had been on the top of the 40ft racks! At the same time, it looks as though the Jointer, Band Saw and Drill Press pricing has been reduced by $50. They have the 1550 down for $249. At that price it really becomes competitive with the likes of Delta, Jet and dare I say it, HF! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Cutbuff:
          ... They have the 1550 down for $249. At that price it really becomes competitive with the likes of Delta, Jet and dare I say it, HF! [img]smile.gif[/img]
          David
          It can make it a lot more attractive to pay just a little bit more than a cheaper, smaller bench-top model and have one that can do more.

[ 08-06-2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Working...
          X