Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So why no Woodworkers at the Roundup

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    I sent an email out to all the forum members. Including the woodworkers. Did nt you guys get them.
    cant say i ever got an e-mail and if i did i really don't remember it
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Sent May 18th at 1:17 Easter Time. You all should have gotten it. Did anyone get it?

Josh

Comment

I got the email......I think you had to be signed up for Team Ridgid to get it??
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I would love to come to the Round up, I would love to see the manufacturing process and the tools and meet every one, it would be a great experience.

but Honestly I can't afford to on the financial side or the time. side of it. The time is not probly as big of an Issue I would just need to get some one to watch the farm, animals normally do not do well with out supervision, and the goats do not milk them selves.
          jsut like last Saturday I had 6 bovine critters show up. at first I thought oh Cr@p the cows are out, but it happened to be a neighbors critters, since there were two bulls in the lot of them and they tried to fight my bulls, I jsut about had 40 head of cows out, I got the bulls ran down the road, and tried to find who's they were, never did, but sill need to as two of the cows jumped the fence into mine critters, but the bulls nearly took out one fence before I got them away from each other.
          and I do not like to play the part of rodeo cowboy, (I was once informed I was not a cowboy but a cow farmer), which is OK with me, I prefer a truck over a horse most any day),

Like I said I would love to come but I can't honestly afford it, at this time, the cattle and amimal issure , time would also be a problem as well the farming would be in full swing at that time of year.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD, a few options. Why not enter a video for the Video Contest. That gets you here 100% free.

Or...

What if you found a reasonable flight out here then shared a room with one of the other people coming. Since we are covering the food and transportation theres no cost beyond getting here and staying at the hotel..

I'd definitely try option #1 though. Not many entries in right now.

Josh

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            I would love to come to the Round up, I would love to see the manufacturing process and the tools and meet every one, it would be a great experience.

but Honestly I can't afford to on the financial side or the time. side of it. The time is not probly as big of an Issue I would just need to get some one to watch the farm, animals normally do not do well with out supervision, and the goats do not milk them selves.
            jsut like last Saturday I had 6 bovine critters show up. at first I thought oh Cr@p the cows are out, but it happened to be a neighbors critters, since there were two bulls in the lot of them and they tried to fight my bulls, I jsut about had 40 head of cows out, I got the bulls ran down the road, and tried to find who's they were, never did, but sill need to as two of the cows jumped the fence into mine critters, but the bulls nearly took out one fence before I got them away from each other.
            and I do not like to play the part of rodeo cowboy, (I was once informed I was not a cowboy but a cow farmer), which is OK with me, I prefer a truck over a horse most any day),

Like I said I would love to come but I can't honestly afford it, at this time, the cattle and amimal issure , time would also be a problem as well the farming would be in full swing at that time of year.

Comment

I would love to come if it wasn,t so far away plus they might not let me cross the boarder.
              John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Sent May 18th at 1:17 Easter Time. You all should have gotten it. Did anyone get it?

Josh

Today is April 12th. I will look for your E-mail next month Josh.

I did receive the e-mail on March 18th. As someone stated in an earlier post, the invitation seemed to be geared to TeamRIDGID members. Paragraphs 2 and 3 indicated this, why read further.

E-mail text follows:

Dear RIDGID® Customer,

The deadline to submit videos for the RIDGID Reputation Video Contest is quickly approaching (April 30th). The five finalists who are chosen will receive an all expense paid trip to RIDGID Headquarters (Elyria, Ohio) to participate in the RIDGID Roundup on June 4-6, 2008. During the Roundup, the grand prize winner will be announced and will receive $2,500 in RIDGID tools.

We are opening the gates to TeamRIDGID members who want to participate in the festivities and are willing to travel and lodge on their own dime. There will be 50 slots available including contest winners, so sign up soon before they are gone!

For more information on the Roundup, log into TeamRIDGID and click on the Roundup banner at the bottom of the homepage. There is also a tremendous amount of Roundup related discussion on the RIDGIDForum if you want to find out more about the Roundup.

Tentative Roundup Events
                - Meet other TeamRIDGID and RIDGIDForum members
                - Plant tours
                - Browse our hands on product catalog
                - Hands-on product demonstrations
                - Video Contest Awards Ceremony and video review
                - Social events
                - Food (lunches and dinners on event days)
                - Optional Saturday events (on your own)

This probably led to a lot of confusion as there was little discussion on the woodworkers section.

Also in todays economy, it may be difficult for some people to attend.

Comment

Yeah... that was stupid of em ey. at least they both start with M.

Ok.. MARCH 18th.
                  Originally posted by billmoy View Post
                  Today is April 12th. I will look for your E-mail next month Josh.

I did receive the e-mail on March 18th. As someone stated in an earlier post, the invitation seemed to be geared to TeamRIDGID members. Paragraphs 2 and 3 indicated this, why read further.

E-mail text follows:

Dear RIDGID® Customer,

The deadline to submit videos for the RIDGID Reputation Video Contest is quickly approaching (April 30th). The five finalists who are chosen will receive an all expense paid trip to RIDGID Headquarters (Elyria, Ohio) to participate in the RIDGID Roundup on June 4-6, 2008. During the Roundup, the grand prize winner will be announced and will receive $2,500 in RIDGID tools.

We are opening the gates to TeamRIDGID members who want to participate in the festivities and are willing to travel and lodge on their own dime. There will be 50 slots available including contest winners, so sign up soon before they are gone!

For more information on the Roundup, log into TeamRIDGID and click on the Roundup banner at the bottom of the homepage. There is also a tremendous amount of Roundup related discussion on the RIDGIDForum if you want to find out more about the Roundup.

Tentative Roundup Events
                  - Meet other TeamRIDGID and RIDGIDForum members
                  - Plant tours
                  - Browse our hands on product catalog
                  - Hands-on product demonstrations
                  - Video Contest Awards Ceremony and video review
                  - Social events
                  - Food (lunches and dinners on event days)
                  - Optional Saturday events (on your own)

This probably led to a lot of confusion as there was little discussion on the woodworkers section.

Also in todays economy, it may be difficult for some people to attend.

Comment

I'm sure BHD knows this all too well but any active farm with animals ends up with the owners being perpetual 24 hours per day slaves of the farm. Animals just can't be left alone. I personally know a few retired dairy farmers that could never leave home for more than a few hours and thus never got a day off for many years other than maybe once in five years to go to the hospital half dead. In that case they had to make emergency calls to other farmers begging them to look after the darn cows. They have to be fed and milked twice a day no iffs ands or buts about it.

Maybe in time we call all find a way to have some more localized meetings where all of us that can take a few days off can go close to where people that just can't are located.

JOSH
                    How about if Ridgid were to hire a local movie production company and do up a good video of the Roundup, make up DVDs of it and then Ridgid could sell them to forum members that just can't attend? I'm thinking on the lines of what you might see on PBS and a tour of the factory and such. I'm sure many of us would love a copy. I know I would. When it comes to what has to be kept hush hush just think of if it were on PBS TV sometime.
                    Last edited by Woussko; 04-12-2008, 08:23 PM. Reason: little goofs

Comment

I say next year we all go to BHD's farm to help out. Never seen a working farm up close and I'll bet it would be very interesting.

I step in people poo every other day but can't say I've ever stepped on a cow patty

Pretty skilled at shoveling crap, any openings for me?

Milking a cow is on my list of things I want to do before I die

If it's one of those farms that force feeds calves to make veal then I can't go

Little cows are soooo cute

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        I say next year we all go to BHD's farm to help out. Never seen a working farm up close and I'll bet it would be very interesting.

I step in people poo every other day but can't say I've ever stepped on a cow patty

Pretty skilled at shoveling crap, any openings for me?

Milking a cow is on my list of things I want to do before I die

If it's one of those farms that force feeds calves to make veal then I can't go

Little cows are soooo cute
                        CRACK...STOP!!!
                        YOUR MAKING THE BULL SMILE.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          CRACK...STOP!!!
                          YOUR MAKING THE BULL SMILE.
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Already in the plans Woussko. I just booked someone for thursday and friday. Gonna make dvds and send em out to the participants after the roundup. Could pry make some copies for other interested forum members that cant go.

Sorry if the wording in the email didnt mention the forum members directly. I thought the threads on the forum were clear that it was open to everyone. TeamRIDGID was just a good place to have everyone sign up.

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            JOSH
                            How about if Ridgid were to hire a local movie production company and do up a good video of the Roundup, make up DVDs of it and then Ridgid could sell them to forum members that just can't attend? I'm thinking on the lines of what you might see on PBS and a tour of the factory and such. I'm sure many of us would love a copy. I know I would. When it comes to what has to be kept hush hush just think of if it were on PBS TV sometime.

Comment

Reasons:
                              1. Plumbers Earn money with their Ridgid tools
                              2. Most of the woodworkers Spend their money on Ridgid tools
                              3. How many Ridgid woodworking tools are made in Ohio? (and no, I can't afford a trip to Taiwan, either)

Go
                              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                                Reasons:
                                1. Plumbers Earn money with their Ridgid tools
                                2. Most of the woodworkers Spend their money on Ridgid tools
                                Go
                                Either way, both are purchasing Ridgid tools. So all should attend
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X