Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AC1040 DADO insert actually exist?

I love my TS3650 except for the fact that no one seems to carry parts for it. I had ordered a DADO insert almost 4 months ago the day I purchased the saw, Home Depot ordered the wrong part and could not find the SKU for the AC1040 to order it for me.

Undeterred I ordered it direct from Rigid's Parts Supplier (ordertree) it looked promising I entered the model number and there it was hapily I placed the order and asked for it to be priority shipped by this time I had already been waiting 3 weeks for the correct part.

Three months later the part is still on "factory backorder" and ordertree is "unable to give a ship date" and I get the same answer of "could be 4-6 weeks". Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party alternative to the AC1040 from annother vendor? I cannot begin to describe how frustrating this is.

NO! It is vaporware* like the rest of the accessories in the TS3650 manual.

I doubt they will ever show up on the shelves, they will probably replace the 3650 with another model that requires a different size insert first.

You are better off making your own, as you they sun will burn out before Ridgid gets off their butt and puts one on the street.

Can you tell I am unhappy about the lack of accessory availability?

* Vaporware for those of you who are not into computers loosly means software that was promised but never delivered, it exists only in someones' dreams.

Comment

All you need to do is go to the special services desk and ask them to order one for you. It will be delivered to your front door. I got one this way. You can also get zero clearance inserts as well
      If It\'s Not Broke, Fix It Anyway!

Comment

Save a bunch of time and money. See my post entitled "TS3650 zero clearance and dado throat plates " in Tips and Techniques for making your own. It provides detailed instructions and photos.

[ 05-13-2004, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: outrage26 ]

Comment

Originally posted by jhurd:
          All you need to do is go to the special services desk and ask them to order one for you. It will be delivered to your front door. I got one this way. You can also get zero clearance inserts as well
          Jhurd,

That was the first thing I tried to do. I was told that they did not have a up to date catalog with the proper SKU and could not order one. That was after I had to drive home get the manual and bring it back after they told me the part did not exist... I have a homemade insert in there now but am still a bit ticked that I have been charged for parts I probaly will never see.

I doubt I will buy annother Rigid tool until they get thier supply chain issues worked out which is a shame since I do like the saw and the other power tools I have purchased from them over the years but they seem to have some major supply issues of late. I hope it is only temporary but from what I hear Ryobi (also owned by the same company as rigid power tools) have similar issues.

Comment

My Home Depot has two of them on their shelves right now.

However, I made my own according to outrage's plans.

Comment

Working...
            X