Dove Tails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Tails

I've been looking at dove tail jigs for a while and found a used 4212 Porter-Cable 12'' Dovetail Jig for around $90.00 but not sure if it's worth the money. Any body here have any experiance with this jig or one that might be better. This one has the dove tail bit, stright cutting bit, does blind, through dove tails and box joints. So what do you guys & Gals think? Also if you get a chance to check outr my web page and let me know what you think and any improvements you can think of. Thanks
    Last edited by sauk_98; 04-14-2008, 09:06 AM.
    Please check out my web page
    www.woodandwax.net

Re: Dove Tails

The 4212 is an excellent package...BUT....

yeah, always a but,

debris and shavings from a dove tail jug is always messy. Look at the rockler catalog
    www.rockler.com

look at items 2818 and their dust collector item 22224

I purchased the dust collector and it really does not work on the porter cable 4212.

If you don't care about added cleaning after making dove tails, then the 4212 is excellent.

too bad we don't have grips like norm does to clean up and set up for him ha ha

Cactus Man

Comment

Re: Dove Tails

Depands on the conditon and how many jigs it comes with... I recently bought mine new for ~$140 shipped with two (2) jigs .... but yet to play with it.

On a side note, I have a DW618 kit and a Bosch Colt (1 HP), I am wondering would it be easier / more controllable to use the jig with the Colt?

Any feedback on pros and cons to use 1/4" bits on trimmer than 1/2" bits on Router?

Tks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X