X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Saw Blade

Ridgid markets a 10" x90T "Ultimate Polished Finish Saw Blade" (R1090C). Do woodworker professionals prefer more or less teeth for crown moulding work etc? The 60T and 80T are less expensive. The 90T has a positive 5 degree hook angle, kerf 0.090", plate 0.071" and the grind is ATB (alternate top bevel). Is this an ideal blade that will be interchangeable for the LS2400 table saw and/or slider miter saw?
    Thanks

Re: Ridgid Saw Blade

the more the teeth the smoother the cut, an 80 tooth will do a nice job but a 60 toth can leave you a lot of chipping and tear out
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I use that blade both on my tablesaw and CMS. It is ideal for cutting moldings or any sort of cross-cuts, including sheet goods. It produces a beautiful finish with almost no splintering. It is not a good general purpose blade. It will be slow to cut and burn the wood if you try to rip with it. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

Thanks, I understand more teeth the merrier for fine work but I asked because the 60-80 teeth blades are a bit cheaper to buy. I felt the 90T might be a bit excessive for trim but I got a nice deal on the 90T so its a keeper. I will save the standard 40T for cross cutting.
        Last edited by reConx; 04-18-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I bought the same blade, but unfortunately I really found that the blade doesn't stay sharp too long. Cuts great for the first few, but really gets bad quick.

All cuts I made were on melamine, and I wasn't impressed. For 50 bucks more you can get a lot more life out of a forrest, CMT or Dimar blade.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_INC View Post
            I bought the same blade, but unfortunately I really found that the blade doesn't stay sharp too long. Cuts great for the first few, but really gets bad quick.

All cuts I made were on melamine, and I wasn't impressed. For 50 bucks more you can get a lot more life out of a forrest, CMT or Dimar blade.
            I found out the hard $$ way that laminate flooring and probably melamine products tend to dull blades out quickly.

FYI: HD has a Dewalt 2 pack 60T 10" fine crosscut blades for $29 and a Dewalt 2-pack 80T 12" set in the same display.
            Last edited by reConx; 04-29-2008, 10:01 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
            X