X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Warranty signup

I am trying to figure out if I have successfully signed up for the Ridgid warranty for my table saw.

I simply went to the Ridgid.com product registration link and filled out the information.

Do I also need to send in the UPC/receipt like is says on the Agreement (http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf) or is it simple one or the other?

Thanks.

Re: Lifetime Warranty signup

Originally posted by woodtown View Post
    Do I also need to send in the UPC/receipt like is says on the Agreement (http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf)
    What part of that don't you understand?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      What part of that don't you understand?

How about the part I asked about.

Do I have to send in the upc/receipt if I signup online?

I didn't receive any confirmation for lifetime service warranties when I completed the online signup.

Comment

How about the part I asked about.

Do I have to send in the upc/receipt if I signup online?

I didn't receive any confirmation for lifetime service warranties when I completed the online signup.
        It's a 2 step process to register for the LSA. 1) Online to notify them that it's coming and 2) Documentation supporting your claim as the original purchaser with UPC and copy of the sales receipt from their authorized sales source.

Comment

I did speak to a service rep at Ridgid, he said they are about 4 months behind on the registrations. I still have no formal reply after 3 months.

The Ridgid rep said they have had overwhelming response to this warranty.

Comment

i have registered all my ridgid tools online and followed up by mailing only a copy of the receipt to confirm the purchase i am registereing online. i have never mailed the upc from the box and ridgid has never asked for it. all my tools are recorded as being covered by the LLSA.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I sent in a copy of the original receipt and the UPC on each Ridgid I purchased. I registered my first tool in January and still have not received the confirmation I was told I would get. I called and I too was told they were running about 4 months behind in notifying each consumer. What can you do except display patience at this point. I am not worried in the least about Ridgid taking care of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert58 View Post
                I sent in a copy of the original receipt and the UPC on each Ridgid I purchased. I registered my first tool in January and still have not received the confirmation I was told I would get. I called and I too was told they were running about 4 months behind in notifying each consumer. What can you do except display patience at this point. I am not worried in the least about Ridgid taking care of this.
                I've got a bunch of LSA stuff out for confirmation also. Wasn't really aware that I made that many Ridgid purchases until I looked at my ebox. I'm not worried that they'll get to it as I've gone through this many times before and especially around the holiday purchasing season. It shouldn't be too much longer that it'll appear as I did receive an automated email stating as such. Hang in there and whatever you do remember a lot gets done if we are civil when speaking with the customer service folks.

Comment

I have been waiting for confirmation on my 3650 for over three years. Sent in a copy of the sales slip and the UPC cut from the box three years ago. After about one year, it showed up on the web site for warranty only, no LLSA. Phone calls ignored.

Nice advertising gimmick though.

Comment

Woodtown,

To directly answer your question:

Yes, you need to follow up and send in the paperwork! That means a copy of your receipt AND the original UPC from the product box.

For a short time, Ridgid was running another program (rebate as I recall), which required the UPC. During that brief period, the need for the UPC as a registration to get the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement (LLSA) was waived. Before and since that time, the UPC is still required for registration.

I have over a dozen tools registered and each and every time, I send them a copy of my receipt, the original UPC. I've made myself a basic layout in my Microsoft Word program that provides my name, address, phone number, E-Box ID, product name, it's serial number, and it's E-Box Item # (given the tool when you do the online registration). I then attach the receipt copy and the original UPC and mail it off to the given address.

I have yet to have anything missed. The registration does take about four months and I strongly suggest that you copy everything that you send, along with the date. This makes follow-up much easier.

If, after three or four months, you don't see a confirmation in your E-Box (the "Warranty" area will be upgraded to the LLSA, instead of "3 Years"), I'd give them a telephone call, to ensure that they don't loose your stuff, as seems to be the case with BillMoy. (Like I said, I've registered over a dozen tools and have yet to have a single registration come up missing.)

If this is your very first Ridgid tool registration, then sometime after your E-box is upgraded, you should receive a plastic registration ID card in the mail. It's simply a small plastic tag with your E-Box registration number on it (your E-Box registration number, not the tool's). Further tool registrations should be done in the same manner (copy of the receipt and the original UPC code sent in). These will simply be acknowledged in your E-Box.

I hope this helps,

CWS
                    Last edited by CWSmith; 04-21-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I knew it couldn't be as easy as signing up online.

Comment

i have been registering ridgid tools since 2006 and have never sent a upc code for any warranty registration. all tools are currently in my ebox and show LSA, except those tools that have been registered within the last four months. it is important, as stated here, to keep copies and follow up. on more than one occasion, after checking for 4 months following online registration, a phone call has been necessary to help things along. i find it helps to put your name, address, email address and ebox id# on the receipt, along with the words "to complete LSA regstration" with an arrow pointing to the item on the receipt.
                        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I find that signing up online follow by mailing the receipt copy & UPC is as simple as ABC.

Thanks for the help guys. I knew it couldn't be as easy as signing up online.

Comment

Along the lines of warranty issues, I would like to make a suggestion. There have been some posts in regard to lugging equipment all over for repair/replacement. The same would be true for me if it were not for a local shop that is an authorized facility, without which I too would be traveling longer distances. With all the marketing $ in play by large companies seeking a return on their investment (our $), we can sometimes forget the small shop owner struggling along day-in, day-out, providing personal interaction with the real issues we face, i.e. broken parts! These folks can many times help in so many ways to keep us buzzin’ in the shop. You just cannot get that great understanding, commitment, or appreciation from the Bigger fish.

Now I recognize there are times we must shop elsewhere for some of the goods we seek, and we know you can’t take your machine back to HD for repairs. Try to take a RIDGID to Woodcraft and see what happens. These places offer some outstanding products, and I enjoy frequenting them, however, they are in sales, not service, and want to trade. Let us be mindful of and use the wonderful resource we have in our own communities, thereby helping a Mom&Pop to boot. A Win/Win situation.

Check where your local Authorized Dealer is and support them as much as you can, some items may cost a few $ more, but everything has a sacrifice. The initial cash outlay may help in the short term, but cost more down the dusty trail…

http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=Power-Tools-Service-Centers&Code=PT

Comment

1- Register on line
                              2- Make yourself a Xerox copy of the bar-code/serial number (just in case)
                              3- Make a Xerox copy of the purchase receipt.
                              4- Fill in registration card
                              5- Mail registration card, Original CUP, Xerox copy of the purchase receipt.
                              6- Keep the original purchase recipt and Xerox of the CUP for your records.

A year ago, they where 2 months behind and it took 5 months before I finaly got the TS3650 under the LSLA. Not long after seeing it in the e-box I received the card by mail.

Comment

Working...
                              X