X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 Fence & Rails on TS3612

Just found these forums and think they are a great resource. My question is about my new 3612 which I bought on Friday from HD. The 3612s were marked down, and I jumped on the deal, but, almost all of the stores were out of stock. Found one, but it didn't have the fence and rail box with the main box. HD manager took the fence and rails off the display and gave them to me. After reading messages here, I see that I have a 3612 saw and 2424 fence and rails. I doubt that HD can get the correct rails, since the 3612 is discontinued, so I'm wondering if the 2424 rails will work before I start to assemble the saw.
    Thanks!
    Jeffrey

Welcome aboard!
    I wanted to give you a quick reply: Yes, they will work. Look in the forums for the threads on converting a TS2424 to a 3612. The rails are essentially the same, but the lock down for the fence is a bit different. Others will give details.
    Are you sure you can't get the correct rails and fence from another HD?
    \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

The main difference is that the fence on the 3612 was improved as to a better lock and the arrangement was 36 inches to the right of the blade instead of 24 on each side.

I'd tell the manager at HD you really want the 3612 rails---the boxes sometimes got separated, and would be willing to bet it's there someplace---otherwise, see if they can call around for the rails.
      Dave

Comment

jgershaneck,
        Welcome to the forum! If you can get the TS3612 rails, that's great. But otherwise, go ahead and set your saw up with the TS2424 rails, just slide them to the right. I slid my TS2424 rails all the way to the right, yielding a 51/0. I built a new extention 27" x 30" and mounted it to the rails and the right extention.
        You can set it up as a 2424, a 3612, or the 51/0 extreme.
        The greatest loss you will be the loss of use of the scales, but those can be replaced for about $15 each, if you need them.
        If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

IMO, both the fence and rails are better on the 3612. I'd ask the manager to find the correct set from another source. (unless you got the saw at less than half price, in which case I'd just use what they gave you and modify as needed.)

Comment

Just a thought---but you could waunder around and see if you could spot the box on an upper shelf----you might have better luck and certainly more motivation----besides, they're never going to be able to sell that floor model for a decent price!
            Dave

Comment

Was in the Borg this last Monday and their Floor model TS3612 was stripped down (parts missing). The fence rails,tool hooks, miter guage,the belt even. I looked this thing over and offered them $350.00 for it as is. The tool mgr. was laughing when he walked away and left me standing there. Oh well, there is Menards and 84 Lumber along with 2 or 3 other Borgs in Omaha. My Chief couldn't understand why I would whant another saw after she let me get my new Jet about a month or so ago. Deep down inside I was thinking BIES fence and Incra 1000 miter guage. Had some plans for it though. Rick

Comment

Please read my post to one of the other threads here. Basically, I think you should REALLY call up Ridgid customer service and get them to send you the rails for the 3612.

From what I hear, the improvements to the fence on the 3612 is significant, and the 36/12 cutting capacity is MUCH more useful then 24/24.

While your at it, maybe you can get them to send you something else free to make your pain worthwhile. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cap'n,
                  Are you starting to see that contrary to your post at http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...664;p=1#000011 that it really isn't the same company? Read the warrantee statement, all CS is now handled by OWT, and they don't seem to be doing so hot.
                  And by the way, how much pain has jgershanek incurred by buying a great table saw at a marked-down price? He knew the rails were missing and completed the purchase anyway, he was given a replacement fence and rails which can be set up as a 3612, he still has the original fence packed in the original carton, he may be able to find, con, or negotiate for another set of rails, so how has he been damaged? You may not realize it, but you, I, and everyone else pays for all the "free" stuff that is given away.
                  If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Working...
                  X