X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Floor Lamp Instructions

How do you hide the electrical cord going down a log floor lamp? I see there are crooked log floor lamps and am scratching my head trying to figure out how the cord goes through it and comes out at the bottom. Any ideas?
    It's okay to make mistakes, just make them while nobody's looking.

There are a few options as I see it. If there is not much offset to the twist and the log is thick enough you may be able drill from the center at the top and make it out the bottom. You may be able to drill from the top and the bottom meeting at the twist. If it is an S bend you would likely need to bandsaw it in half.

Comment

Cut in two with band saw, rout channel for cord and glue back together

Woodslayer

Comment

What a great idea! Now, why didn't I think of that. Ahh, don't answer that I'll try that in a couple of weeks when my crooked log is dry. Thanks for the help guys. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        It's okay to make mistakes, just make them while nobody's looking.

Comment

Too bad the wood wasn't still green, I'd send you some of the carpenter ants that seem to have done a great job of eating out the center of my apple tree! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

CWS

Comment

Hello,

We made a custom lamp for a customer to go in his log house. The lamp was 7' tall and was not only crooked, but bent and twisted. After a little while, one of my interns clamped the wood and routed a channel the length of the log. Once the wire was in place, he mixed some sawdust with wood glue and filled it in.
            The customer was so pleased with the results, that he is now selling them in his stores.......
            If you don\'t know.... say so

Comment

Working...
            X