• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jointing on a tablesaw

Anyone ever try this technique?

Here is a good example of how i plan to do it:

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2005/01/28/wb/
    Last edited by franklin pug; 05-04-2008, 09:12 AM.

Re: jointing on a tablesaw

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
    Anyone ever try this technique?
    I've done it frequently. I don't have a jointer, so it is either the TS or the router. I've tried both and I prefer using the TS. I did get a set of those Jointer Clamps by Simpl Products. They work fine. I've also seen several sled approaches in magazines and emailed tips. They generally look as thought they would work well.

Of course I'm referring to edge jointing. I don't think you could face joint anything wider than a 3" board on a TS, and that would be more of a re sawing action.

With the Jointer Clamps I have, it actually takes 3 cuts to joint both edges of a board. The first cut will give an edge that is straight, but it may not be 90 deg to the saw's table. That edge is used to 'joint' the opposite edge, the 3rd cut squares the 1st edge. Using several of the sleds I've seen suggested, only 2 cuts would be needed.

I've prepared stock this way for making glued up table tops and the edges met without any gaps. I normally use my Freud LM74R010 Glue Line rip blade, but I think any good quality blade will work.
    Dick

Comment

Here is probably the best solution I've seen yet...

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ead.php?t=6136

Comment

I've edge jointed on TS. It works ok if the board is very flat, but you can't face joint with a TS, so if the board isn't realy flat you won't be able to get a good 90° reference to the face.

Comment

Working...
        X