No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?!

Fine Woodworking did a test of routers for router tables in their January/February 2007 issue. The Triton was judged to be both Best Overall and Best Value. As a result, I purchased one for my recently completed router station.

I have a copy of the article in PDF format that I can email to you if you give me your email address.

Re: What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      The problem isn't the strip it's the infintessimally small itty-bitty screws that hold it on. There are now bits of both screws stuck in the router base. I've already had the problem fixed once before, and have brought the engineering fault to the attention of P-C. I said at that time that when the router breaks again, I was never going to fix it and never get another P-C router. Enough is enough.

The hubby has agreed to let me get a new router, so I'm prowling about looking at options. So far the short list is:

Bosch 1617EVSPK
      Ridgid R2930
      Milwaukee 5616-24

All of these models seem to do well in a table. The major purpose of this router will be to stay mounted in the table. Although at times I find it handy to have two plunge routers setup with different bits for various projects. My major point in this search is to find a router that can work really well in a router table, and in a pinch work well in hand-held mode. Any other suggestions or comments on those three would be appreciated.
      I have the Bosch you mention here. Got the combo kit, fixed and plunge. As has been stated, i love it. Very quiet, easy to adjust, variable speed is real nice for different types of woods and depths. Very nice reaults. Pleasure to use......