X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T track installation

ok I mave one of thoses t tracks (Mighty track ) that I purchased from peachtree.
    I want to add it to the table extension that I built to my TS 3650.
    The table that I used is that particule board stuff with the white finish on it for making shelves, has a plastic side to it on one edge, ( what is the name of that stuff? )....is that what they call mdf ?
    but if I cut a grouve for the track, with a router the remaining material will only be 1/8th of an inch thick under the "T" slot. Very, very weak eh.
    So I was thinking I could add a piece of wood under the table to strenghen it using something like glue woodcrapenters glue or I have some gorrilla glue I have not yet used. I would have to remove that white finish for good bonding . how to go about removeing a strip of material under the slot lets say about 5 inches wide and the lenght of the slot and just deep enought to get to the wood?

need some sujestions
    §m€llŸ™

Re: T track installation

Originally posted by smelly View Post
    ok I mave one of thoses t tracks (Mighty track ) that I purchased from peachtree.
    I want to add it to the table extension that I built to my TS 3650.
    The table that I used is that particule board stuff with the white finish on it for making shelves, has a plastic side to it on one edge, ( what is the name of that stuff? )....is that what they call mdf ?
    but if I cut a grouve for the track, with a router the remaining material will only be 1/8th of an inch thick under the "T" slot. Very, very weak eh.
    So I was thinking I could add a piece of wood under the table to strenghen it using something like glue woodcrapenters glue or I have some gorrilla glue I have not yet used. I would have to remove that white finish for good bonding . how to go about removeing a strip of material under the slot lets say about 5 inches wide and the lenght of the slot and just deep enought to get to the wood?

need some sujestions
    The white stuff is called melamine. I don't know if gorilla glue will hold it, but on WoodNet (I think) someone suggested something called Roo glue. You wouldn't need to remove it with Roo glue.

Comment

Re: T track installation

I'm sure that you can bond melanine to melanine with Titebond 2 with enough strength for what you have in mind. If you want to be sure, put several woodscrews along a line outside where the track will be.
      Half-inch shelving is pretty flexible so you may want to add a couple or three ribs along the width of your table while you're at it.

Good luck.

Blind Bill

Comment

Working...
      X