Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got the herculift under their 14" band saw?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got the herculift under their 14" band saw?

I just got the Ridgid 14" band saw from HD yesterday and man, that thing sucks to move around by yourself. Dang near impossible. Does the AC9950 herculift system the one I need to purchase to go under my new band saw? I need a way to get this monster over to it's new home from the spot I assembled it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Having a nice set of wheels like on my TS3612 would be nice.

Thanks for any help!

Eric

Wizkid: Yes, you need the AC9950 for your new band saw. Included with the AC9950 will be some brackets that mount on the outside of your band saw for attaching the casters. You will find that the AC9950 works just as good on the band saw as on the table saws. Good luck!

Comment

I got the herc-u-lift plus to go under my router table. Pricey but I definitely recommend it. Funny thing was that a day after I got mine in the mail, my local home depot had a random one sitting on top of the saws.

Comment

*insert standard disclaimer*

Initially, I would very carefully move my jointer and bandsaw with a dolly. It's a little tricky but do-able, and not for the faint of heart. Since my table saw (and jointer) are now stationary I took the herculift off the saw and modified it to fit my bandsaw.

The herculift is the nicest mobile base out there IMO.
        Patrick

Comment

Glad to hear positive comments about the Herculift.
          I bought one at an HD store but haven't installed it yet. (Been out of power last couple of days here in Midwest)

Comment

I have a long but narrow shop so every square inch of space is important. I put the herculift under my bandsaw and it works great. I also put a bit of plywood accross the frame underneath the saw so I could have a shelf to stick the fence and miter guage on when not in use.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I ordered the setup yesterday from Ridgid (on the phone) because the website sucks to get something ordered from. I also picked up two zero clearance inserts since I have ruined the one I got. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The band saw is in the way right now since it hasn't moved from where I assembled it, right inbetween the slideing miter and table saw so I look foward to getting that in and put together.

You guys are a great help as always.

Eric

Comment

One added question. I have the Ridgid bandsaw and am planning on purchasing the Hurk-U-Lift system as as soon as earthly possible!

Anyways, when I get the sucker, will I have to take the bandsaw off the top of the stand in order to install the life system, or can I install with everything assembled?

Comment

You can install it without removing anything.
                  Patrick

Comment

Working...
                  X