Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router table fence

Good day

So, I made my new router table and of course I had to make new fence...
    So, I took the camera and went to the garage...

I would like to share with you my method, nothing new, I made it also for the old router table and for the DP but...if it will help one of the new-comers to the hobby...I made my money...

As you will see, I'm using a T-fence that positions the fence in parallel to the table...for me it's very important because all my "Bit to Fence" distance settings (I'll post it later) depends on parallel fence...of course you can skip the "T" part and make just the fence...

There are a few "words" in "foreign language" so...

30 CM = 12"

M6 is a 1/4" bolt (in Europe we call the bolts M + the Diameter so M6 bolt is 6mm bolt and M6 nut is...well yes, the mating nut).

25mm = 1"

1~2mm = ~1/16"

40mm = 1-9/16"

I hope that I covered all the "dictionary"...if you have any question, I'm here...

Regards
    niki

Re: Router table fence

Comment

Comment

Thank you, Niki! This is a great idea. One thing I really like about your posts is your innovative solutions to some problems, and the fact that you so clearly illustrate how to do everything.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
          the fact that you so clearly illustrate how to do everything.
          Thank you so much for your kind words

Well, I don't want to show you WHAT I did....

I want to show you HOW I did...

Best regards
          niki

Comment

Niki,

Another fantastic post. I've come to look forward to checking into the Ridgid forum to see what you've come up with next. Although I already have a purchased table and fence from Rockler, your ideas and the execution of them always leaves me with something to ponder.

Thanks for the great ideas and the excellent photo illustrations that accompany them.

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X