TS 3660 Assembly Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS 3660 Assembly Question

My rail was right on the mark, and it still squeeled. I did the fence setup at least twice to make sure I had it right, and still I got the squeeling rails. I finally waxed the rails and all has been well since. I don't think it's an alignment issue. I think it's more related to the micro-adjuster as someone else said.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

i agree with you VASandy. i think its some knid of coating on the microadjuster. but im no expert. i only know everyones rails arent off enough to cause 9 of 10 fences to squeal. if it were alignment, it would start back squeal, because no amount of wax would stop it long.

Comment

I know for sure that it was the micro adjuster because all I had to do is pull it back slightly while I moved the fence and no squeal. I waxed the rails and no more squeal. When I installed my front rail the instructions said to align it with the 7 1/8" mark which made the gauge off by an 1/8". When I slid the rail so it aligned with the 7 1/4" mark my gauge was dead on.

Comment

Levon
          you are correct that if you change blades it will make the marks on the fence different. Sorry if what work for me was not correct for you. I have checked my fence several times and now I only check it every once and a while but the rip fence is still on the money. I have only one blade right know but I will be getting a Dado blade set and that will make the rip fence way off. Nothing on my table saw makes any odd noise or squeaks.

Comment

bert

i checked the alignment several times and all is perfect. after the wax it hasnt made a noise and thas been awhile. i have been usaing it a lot and its working great. good woodworking saw. you have a good day bert.

Comment

Working...
            X