X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenon jig for TS2424

I'm considering buying a JET tenoning jig to use with my TS2424. I noticed the JET jig has a removable T-slot piece so this shouldn't be a problem. On one of the other WW forums, woodonline I think, they had a discussion about Ridgid miter slots being undersized and not compatible with lots of after market miter gauges and tenoning jigs. Is there any validity to this? Thanks in advance.

The miter slots on the RIDGID tables saws are slightly undersized compared to Delta, but almost all aftermarket guages (such as Incra) have adjustable bars so this is not a problem. The only problem I have run into (in talking to customers) is fitting the Delta Tenoning jig onto our saw. Even then its easy enough to have the bar milled down, or file off a couple thousandths.

Jake

Comment

Long, straight piece of wood with 220 silicon carbide sandpaper stuck to it. Couple licks, test fit, repeat until you have a beautiful fit.

The difference in size is much less than many on the forums make it seem. The difference is that Ridgid's slot is 3/4", other companies use a 3/4" bar instead. So it is just the clearance amount you need to fit in.

Dave

Comment

I bought a Powermatic jig and just had to pop the bar off the bottom and give it a few passes on the Ridgid OSBS and took off a few .001. Works like a charm. The Incra 1000 has an adjustable bar which is really cool.

Comment

I fitted a Delta tenon jig on my TS2424. Only needed one pass of the bar on a disc sander
          with 220 grit and it was a perfect fit! Since the Delta jig is fully adjustable, it was easy to align to the blade.

The Ridgid slot being undersized proved in this case to be an advantage; it allowed me to size-down the sliding bars of several non-Ridgid jigs to a perfect fit with very
          small tolerance ... gives greater confidence in the alignments!

[ 07-30-2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Dustmaker ]

Comment

Thanks for the information. The miter slot size doesn't appear to be a real issue. Actually, as has been noted, sizing the bar guides down a few thousandths should ensure a better, more accurate fit.

Comment

I can remember having to switch the Delta jig for the left versus right tilt of the blade. No big deal, but I think I made a couple of new holes for attaching the guide in order to get a bit more capacity for wider tennons. I am learning fast and that was a long time ago, so I may have overdone it, but it works great now.

Comment

Working...
              X