HD service problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD service problem

Bought a TS3612 last week at the Benton Harbor home depot but they did not include the fence rail kit when I picked up the saw. Now it's been over a week and still no rail kit! They even tried to pawn off the one on the floor model today to make me go away! I don't know how Ridgid's relationship is holding up with HD but from the service I'm getting as well as the problems others are having they should step up and protect their product.
    Any ideas what I should do next?

From reading many other posts, it seems to be a bad situation which is getting worse. I have several Ridgid tools: Radial Arm saw, Table Saw, Planer, and Jointer. I am in the market for a Drill Press and hopefully in the near future, a Band Saw. I am very happy with the Ridgid tools however, the poor representation that Home Depot is giving the Ridgid product has me seriously considering other sources for my next tool purchases. If there was an alternate source(s) the choice would be easy, but with HD being the only source, I'm not so sure...

To be fair, it's not just the Ridgid products that are receiving poor representation. I spend a lot of time at Home Depot working on many home improvement projects and the customer support seems to be getting worse every time I go there.

Good luck!

[ 10-27-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: MarkR ]
    Mark

Comment

this surprises me. home depot generally stands behind their product. although i have been to a terrible excuse for a home depot store myself....the store in Oxnard, California. Call Ridgid direct. they will help you out!
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

The average age for most HD employees in my area seems to be about 20. There is basically nothing wrong with that as long as they want to and are learning about the products they sell. My gripe is that HD doesn't seem to have many, if any, oldtimers around to teach the younger people so that they CAN provide quality customer service. I don't know how long it will take, but the lack of qualified knowledgeable employees will eventually catch up with HD. I'm done ranting now.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Zwicky,

I would continue to pursue getting the rails from Home Depot. Make sure you speak to the store manager. If you still cannot get any resolution, call 1-800-4RIDGID and explain the situation to one of our customer service reps, and they should be able to help you.

Jake

Comment

To add to Jake's suggestion---yes, talk to the manager, but also state, either you guys can find it or I will, and if I take the time to locate it, you owe me some free accessories or free gift card, etc.

Unless there were some real screw-up in shipping, I'd be willing to bet the fence rails are sitting on a shelf somewhere and no one remembers where they were put. And now, no one wants to take the time to do a proper search.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X